21

"There." Alec pointed on the screen the next morning when I walked over to him and Isabelle after finally getting dressed, "They said that was the angel."

I was dressed in the burnt orange shirt that Alec had got me, as it was short sleeve, slim and cropped, along with black ripped jeans and black combat boots.

Isabelle shrugs, "It could have been a shooting star."

"Shooting stars are in the sky, they don't shoot up to the sky, smart one." I shrugged on my leather jacket, pulling my wavy hair out from under it, then smiled at Alec when I joined them, "Hi-"

"Hi-" Alec smiled back and leaned down, pressing his lips into mine for a few seconds, then pulled away, smiling down at the shirt I was wearing.

"I'm just saying that no one's seen an angel in hundreds of years-" Isabelle looked between the both of us, then looks at Alec, "So- you took my advice about Zee?"

Alec's eyes widen, his head snapping back towards her, my eyebrows furrowing, "Advice?"

"You did, didn't you?" Isabelle's smile started to form, "Okay, start talking-"

"Nothing-" Alec placed his hands on my arms, "There's nothing to talk about-"

"What?" I tried to look at Isabelle, "I wanna know-"

"No-" Alec dragged, pulling me right into his chest so I could no longer see her, "It's nothing-"

Max's familiar voice filled the room as he rushed over to us with a wide smile, "Hey, you guys-"

"Hey, buddy-" A wide smile immediately outstretched on Alec's face at the sight of his little brother, putting a hand on his back as he hugged his legs, "How are you doing?-"

"Max!" Isabelle got down to hug him too, "I missed you so much!-"

"Zee!" Max clutched onto my legs next, my eyes lightly widening at the embrace, "I missed you!"

"I- missed you too, Max-" I trailed off, feeling slightly guilty that I didn't remember him, crouched down to his height, fixing his jacket, "You look so handsome."

"Alec." Maryse's voice filled the room as she slowly walked over to us, "Isabelle."

Then her eyes landed on me, "Zee."

"Maryse-" I smirked, slowly standing up to my feet, putting a hand on my hip, "Long time-"

Alec slowly puts a hand on my lower back as a warning, but I continued with the wide smirk on my face, recalling what Isabelle had told me about her time here when I was on Valentine's ship, "Does it seem to you that I've gone back to my roots yet?"

Maryse inhaled, "It's good to see you all."

"Really?" Isabelle said, "'Cause the last time you were here, you turned your back on all of us- especially Jace."

"I was following orders." Maryse tried to justify her actions, "I had no choice."

I stared at her, my voice lowering, "Turning your back on your son because of the kind of blood he has shouldn't be justified as that."

"Max has some big news." Maryse swallowed hard and changed the subject, "Tell them, sweetheart."

"I passed my last trial." Max excitedly told us, "I'm ready for my Rune Ceremony-"

"Sweet-" I gave him a little fist bump, a small smile on my face, "Congrats, kiddo-"

"Zee, will you practice my roundhouse kick with me?" Max asked, grabbing my hand, "I've mastered it- but I want to train with you-"