22

Alec had me lifted off the ground, his hands gripping my thighs as he kissed me, my hands buried in his hair.

My hands moved down to his shoulders and went back to undoing the buttons of his shirt, pulling it apart and open, pulling away from the kiss, my heavy breathing matching his.

A small sound left my lips when he started sucking on a piece of skin on my neck, throwing my head back lightly, gripping his hair with one hand.

I pulled from his touch and let myself slip off him, starting to bend my legs and move onto my knees, messing with the buckle of his belt, undoing it.

Before I could even fall onto my knees, Alec's hand gripped my neck, his fingers touching my jaw, pulling me up and pushing me against the wall, his voice dangerously low, "Not yet-"

No words left my mouth when my lips parted slightly open, he kept his grip on my neck and started kissing down my collarbone, his free hand slipping down my side to the buttons of my jeans.

Before Alec could move any further with his actions, there was a rushed knock on the door, followed by Jace's shout, "Zee!"

My jaw clenched at the sound of his voice, as Alec shook his head, his kisses inching closer to my slightly exposed chest, his voice a mumble, "Ignore him-"

Clary's grunts and shrieks were sounded from outside the door, as Jace's knocks just got harder and quicker, "Zee!-"

Alec huffed dramatically, slipping away from me and button his shirt, as I fixed my shirt and walked over to the door, unlocking it and swinging it open, looking between the two, "What the hell is it now?"

-

"I said it once, and I'll say it again." I stared at Clary's hand as we were in Magnus' apartment, "You're stupid."

"Jesus, Zee- really?" Clary looks at me, her eyes rimmed with tears from her burning hand, "Right now?"

"Yes, right now." I crossed my arms, then used my hand to gesture from my temple as I spoke, "What kind of idiot- signs a blood oath- to a demonic, hybrid children thirsty- warlock orphanage running bitch-"

Clary tried to pick right back at me, slightly getting frustrated with me even while realizing her own mistake, "What- something wrong with orphanages now? Do you have a problem with those too?"

"I don't have a- she tried to impregnate you, you idiot! She tried to add to the warlock population, by using your stupidity to her advantage-" I uncross my arms and stare at her in disbelief, "I mean- did it not seem anywhere near shady to you when she claimed she could bring someone back to life? Didn't you learn as a mundane that people can't be brought back to life?"

Clary sighs through her nose, "Zee, we don't even know if it's Iris, alright- it could be something else-"

I looked between Jace and Alec with wide eyes as Magnus calmed the burning in Clary's hand, "I mean- seriously- she's gonna make me go insane-"

"Hey, hey-" Alec walked by me, putting a hand on my lower back, using his thumb to caress.

Jace sighed, beginning to speak if I was right, looking up at me, "Zee, she was grieving-"

"Oh- shut up, Jace-" I snipped at him, rolling my eyes, lightly shaking my head, holding my head and tilting my head back, leaning it back into Alec's chest in annoyance, "If I was mourning my dead mother, I'd actually grieve- I wouldn't rush off and try to bring her back to life-"