2

My neck felt sore as I finally felt myself become cautious again. My head was leaning back on some sort of hard metal, my wrists clamped down as I was seated in a cold metal chair.

My eyes slowly opened, a bright light shining over my face, making my eyes squint instinctively.

I slowly brought my head up straight. I was in the sub cells of the Institute, through the Annex.

My eyes fell onto the mirrored glass in front of me, scanning what I was locked in.

When I looked further around the room, I saw Jace, and the two other Shadowhunters I remembered.

"Should've killed you guys when I had the chance, huh?" I was the first to speak, my voice raspy.

"It's good to see you again too, parabatai." The woman walked over and stood in front of me, her arms crossed.

She was stunning.

My eyes squint in confusion at why she called me her parabatai when I've never seen her before in my entire life, "What did you just call me?"

"Izzy, I told you- she doesn't remember us at all." Jace came to her side, "She tried to kill me."

"Let's jog her memory then, shall we?" She softly smiled at me, "I'm Isabelle Lightwood, and this is Jace Wayland."

I grit my teeth, attempting to pull my wrists from under the clamps but it was no use; I was trapped.

"So- is this the part where you torture me to get answers?" I asked, looking between them all.

"No, you're one of our own." The man walked over by Jace and Isabelle, his arms crossed, "You might not remember- but you are."

My eyes scan his entire body, making sure not to overlook any of his features.

His hair was dark, and his eyes were hazel. His height was towering over Isabelle, as he was just a few inches taller than Jace.

I was intrigued by him.

Jace's eyes were fixed on me, "You don't remember us, at all?"

I didn't even glance at Jace, my focus fixed on the nameless Shadowhunter I was so attracted to, my head tilting to the side in curiosity, "What's your name?"

"Alec." He paused before answering me, his eyes locked with mine, "Alec Lightwood."

I licked my bottom lip, "Noted."

Isabelle speaks up in question, "You don't even recognize us?"

"Am I supposed to?" I huff deeply and slouch in my seat, "Listen- If that's all you're concerned about, you guys should let me out so I can get back to business."

"Business." Isabelle repeats, crouching in front of me, "As in going after Clary?"

"I need to impress my boss." I wasn't affected by her confrontation, "Any chance you know where she is?"

"Somewhere you can't get to her." Jace simply said, "We're here to talk about you."

"Well, that's not a interesting topic, don't you think?" My eyes scan his expression, a small smirk forming on my lips, "I'm betting she's upstairs in the Institute with her little mundane friend; unsupervised."

Isabelle bends and puts her hands on my knees.

"I've never seen you people in my entire life before today." My eyes locked with her, "You guys should just give up now because there's no getting through to me."

"I'm not giving up on you, Zee." Isabelle was completely sincere, "I won't."

Before I could speak, a woman walks into the cell.