33

"You better shut up if you know what's good for you, you little weasel." Veger pulled us behind a wall from the platform we were on. We made it to the end, and never wanted to trap Jak and Daxter. He tied my arms and my legs weren't good enough to be walking just yet.

"I don't care! I'm gonn-hmpf...!" I couldn't talk since Veger stuffed his handkerchief into my mouth to prevent me from talking anymore. I tried to but all the sounds were muffled as I couldn't do anything. I tried to scream and shout but it was just too quiet.

Soon the center of the world started to glow. Jak was here.

"Greetings, great warrior." The statue of the precursor started talking. Jak walked in closer holding the key. "Before it's too late, you must power of the planet's defense system." Jak set the item in the slot. "The eco sphere has begun its energy conversion. It will take some time for the weapon to fully charge."

Veger walked closer, pulling me by my hair again.

A precursor appeared in front of Jak, I was in awe. "You have proven your worth, warrior." It started. "We Grant you the gift of evaluation..." A bright light dropped down in front of Jak. "The honor of becoming one of is."

Jak took a step towards it.

"Step aside!" Veger shouted, Jak stopping and turning to us. Veger pulled me up front and used me as a body sheild. "I will be the one who evolves into a precursor!" He shoved the gun into my ear. "The right is mine!"

Jak backed away from the light, afraid of me getting hurt. Veger smiled and tossed me aside for Jak to run over to me and set his hands on my arm snd pull out the cloth. Veger stepped into the light and rose to fully evolve into a god himself.

"Careful what you wish for." The precursor said.

Veger dropped to the floor. He looked back and smiled at us. "It is done." He slyly said. "Don't worry Jak, it's for the greater good that I assume this role." He stood and raided his gun at us.

"Even now it may be too late. If Errol awakens the dark ship's cargo, all will be lost." The precursor interrupted.

Daxter had enough. "Listen glow boy! We've been doing all your dirty work, while you've slept in the Stars! So stuff it!" Daxter argued.

"Inefficient... I told you we needed a back up hero! We should've gone with plan B!" It yelled. Jak looked surprised as so did I. "Plan B? She's already here?! She's on the floor and already lost!" It called me out now. It started getting shoved around and everyone was confused. "Ow! Stop it!"

The statue opened.

"We are unhappy with your two's performance." My eyes adjusted inside the room. "If you two have been a true hero, you would have already stopped Errol by now!"

...

There ottsels stood at the computer.

They turned around and faces us. Veger dropped his gun and we all stood in shock. "Oh my god." Jak was in pure surprise.

"Yes... well... um..." The fat ottsel spoke. "Ah, we are even more angry!" It turned around to hide it's face.  "And uh, we order you to advert your eyes or we will uh..." He dropped the act and tossed the mic away. "Oh bother." It's voice changed as it dropped the act.

"Wait... they look like... me?" Daxter started.

"Not what you expected?" It asked.

"Yeah," the chill one spoke, "we like get that a lot!"

Jak tried wiping his eyes to maker them clean on this crap as I tried blinking them away. "Don't look so upset." The fat one said. "If you knew the precursors were a bunch of fuzzy little rats, would you worship us? Could we run the universe?"

"Not possible buddy!" The laid back one added again.

"So we fluffed up the myth a bit!"

"And we get the respect we deserve!" The one with a helmet chipped in.

"You idiots!" Veger yelled, turning attention to him. "Get down from there and stop defiling that glorious machine!" Veger was shot at and he was suspended into the air.

"Don't let out size fool you." The fat one smudged. "We are the most powerful beings in the universe!"

"We are?" The helmet one asked, only to get shushed.

"But Daxter... looks like..."

"Ah all eco contains the source of our essence. Our code so to speak." He started. "When Daxter touched the dark eco, he was actually blessed when he said he was cursed!"

"Woohoo!" Daxter cheered, going on about he's a precursor and dancing. He stopped. "Hey wait a minute. They have pants!"

"These creatures are the great precursors?!" Verger interrupted again. "And I wanted to evolve into them." He then stopped, realizing his mistake. "No!" He screamed in fear as his body shrunk. He was now an ottsel... or a precursor?

"The only way to ensure Errol has not yet awaken the ship cargo is to go there yourself and stop it." The fat one started. "We will send you there from here." A warp pad floated behind us, and Jak helped me to my feet. "You will have enough time to get there and come back."

"But Aiden?" Jak asked.

"We can't heal your friend, but we can send you home." It said, knowing I couldn't help.

"Is it because I'm plan B? And I failed?" I asked, turning ashamed.

"We did cause there's no plan C!"

Salt into the wound.

Jak turned to me. "Go back to Spargus, someone needs to lead." He stood up and ran at the portal, going to save the world again.