13

My bed rest was a 'must' as Taryn said to Damas, but that didn't mean I didn't help by fixing stuff in bed. Guns, metal bent the wrong way, and communicators filled with sand. My stomach stopped hurting but it was just the fact that I had strict orders to stay indoors. Not right man, made me wish to go jump off a bridge or something. I just wasn't worth waiting around till I got better even though I was already okay in the first place. Uhg, stupid Jak having to do this.

There was a knock on my door, making me drop a screw on my lap. Crap, it's tiny too. "Come in, stupid screw... stupid bed, STUPID-" I cut off as I was about to yell out Jak's name but hey speak of the devil. "Ugh, what?" I replied, as I see Jak and Daxter enter with a serious look.

"We wanted to check up with you."

"I'm fine." I muttered, getting on my knees and looking on the bed. "Anything else?"

"I want to say I'm sorry-"

"Sorry isn't gonna get me out to work again, I need to find this screw." Waving them off, I adjusted again to hear a 'tink' on the floor and I looked to the opposite side of the bed from them. "Great now it's on the floor." I rolled my eyes, practically wanting to die in a ditch or something else.

"I'll find it," Daxter offered as he jumped off Jak and went under my bed.

"Thanks,"

"Aiden, I want to talk to make sure you're okay." Jak crossed his arms and narrowed his eyebrows at me. "I hit you pretty hard, I healed up cause yours wasn't dark eco."

"Yeah, I'm fine. The precursors helped, only cause of you." I said, jumping off the bed only to get Jak to push me back down. "Don't, I've been walking around for the entirety of the time I've been here." I told him, glowing red and stepping up again to let him try to push me back again but failed as chill as before. He was upset that I passed through him, letting him roll his eyes and following me to the kitchen.

"Aiden, you should sleep."

"No, I want to get back out there and do something! I'm useless in here!" I yelled, pulling out meat from the fridge. "I hate being a sidekick! I want to lead!" I argued, grabbing a knife and stabbing the dann thing to make Jak jump in surprise.

"Well Damas told you to."

"Jak, when I passed out for that time I think that was enough. I can't let things go on more longer without me, I need to help." I explained, resting my hand on my face and shaking my head. "I'm fine, plus I want to eat-woah! Hey!" I started, as Jak picked me up and wrapped his arms around my torso and pinned me against his chest. "You son of a- ugh." I cut myself off trying to calm my cussing because I seemed more serious when I didn't cuss all the time.

"I'll make you food, just sit down and finish your work." Jak argued, forcing me to look him in the eyes this close wasn't something I was used to. He stopped in the doorway, looking calmly, as I struggled due to pure awkwardness. I was flustered, not mad. Jak snapped out of it, and looked to me normally. "I want to help you, I won't be doing anything today unless something comes up." He retorted.