31

When I opened my eyes, everything was red and white. My vision adjusted and the blurs around me started to sharpen into shapes. I was in a bed, a hospital bed. I hunched toward, looking around for something to boost myself up. I grabbed a corner of the desk, prompting myself up to sit in the bed.

I knew what happened, my legs were hurt, and my body was quivering in fear from it. I wasn't scared mentally but physically it's all I had going on.

Some one started to walk by, looking into the room and turning back to me. "Woah!" Tess ran up to me. "You're fast to recover."

"What did I miss?" I asked, putting my weight on my legs, only for me to fall to my knees and Tess grabbing my shoulder.

"Jak and Daxter just left to go find the entrance to the catacombs, but you're not ready to fight." Tess placed me back in the bed.

"I missed out on one, I'm not again." I pushed her hand away.

"You can't, you physically can't." She said, making me only to prove her wrong. I stood up, holding the desk to balance some of my weight. "Aiden-"

"I can do it!" I yelled, stumbling towards the door. "They need me!"

"Jak and Daxter are fine, you need bed rest. Your legs broke in five different places." She said, pulling me back. "You can't move, you did your part."

Sitting again, I could barely move. I wanted to, but if Jak and Daxter can handle it then I don't need to worry. "Fine..." I said, Tess backing up. "Is there anything I can do here?"

"No, just stay here and rest up."

I huffed, brushing back my hair as she left the room. I trusted her, and looked at my legs to see shades of purple and blue. I was healed, but I can't heal everything since it was so much damage.

Resting back I looked outside the window to see a war still raging on. They need help still.

Beeping from my bag started, as I looked to it. Pulling it out, I noticed it was the distress singnal for the higher ranks. Only few had it, but I knew Damas would never use it, Sig wasn't too fond either... Jak! He received one not too long ago! The amount of times it was beeping and the sudden stop made me worry. I had to go help him!

Taking everything I am, I grew in power and found myself glowing red. Determination filled my body, moving forward and getting to my feet. Only to have me stunned in a jolt of pain. It didn't stop me. I walked toward the door and peeked out to see Tess nowhere in sight. I made an effort to run but I could only walk and it wasn't gonna slow me down.

Jak needs help.