14

Daxter found the screw a while ago, so I praised him and then myself for fixing the bad boy. Looking to the doorway, I saw Jak finishing up on the food. Staring at him made me bring up old uncomfortable feelings from my time when I was a little kid crushing on a emo-ish kid with dark eco powers. Now it was just... Jak, he brought me up to my feelings now. They were distant and seeing him made me feel like I was just a huge jerk towards him. He's done a lot but of course I was still really mad. The years made me change, it was only a short time I was with him.

"You okay?" Daxter tapped my shoulder as he caught me staring at his friend for way too long than what could pass.

"You guys make me uncomfortable, not you... just Jak." I mumbled, brushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

"You left without a goodbye, I was even hurt!" Daxter yelled out to toss his hands in the air, he sat down on my bed in front of me. "It was hard to think you were dead, than we think we see you and it wasn't our you." Daxter's ears drop flat, I reached to brush them flat. "Aiden, I've missed you... Jak's missed you."

"No one beside you and Samos... I don't know about Jak." I angrily said, tossing the gun to the other side of the bed. "If I disappear now... Damas and Taryn, and half of..." I cut myself off, looking at Jak. No, he would be missed. "Nevermind, town's hero is bed resting. I'm already forgotten." I mumbled, shaking my head and burying my face in my hands. "I just wanna play hero."

"Being a sidekick gets you the perks."

"But not the credit for what you do." I collapsed backwards on my bed. "Maybe I should go to another town, or travel the world." I reached to the sky, grasping it. "Maybe out... there I'm important." I clutched my hands. "Thought this would be a grand place to do something as great as Jak." I pressed the side of my face into a kangarat's fur coat, even though it was dead. "Or I'm just meant to be bed resting helper."

Daxter frowned, bring disappointed with it.

Jak entered as I could hear his clunky footsteps, a warm plate was set on my chest as I grab the rim to hold it in place. "I just got a call, it's from Ashlen." Jak reported, as I didn't react. I didn't care of he left, but in honestly I loved the company he brought to my place. Instead I sumped into the bedding even more then before.  "Do you wanna come along?" Jak asked.

Daxter nodded and tried to invite me along with the two of them, they seem like they wanted me to and not just cause how pathetic I was. "But I'm house arrested." I rolled my eyes and sighed our louder.

"We don't have to tell anyone, I think it would be nice to let you see someone old."