16

Looking around, I don't think I've actually been through the tunnel myself. It's always been closed off or I had to have Jak there just to explore the tiny bit I did, seeing it again just brought it to a whole new level of... well... discouragement. It wasn't welcoming at all, I felt like I didn't belong here. We walked into a narrow hallway, I glide my hands down the wall and felt the sandstone under my fingertips giving rough bumps and light cuts in my prints.

Jak must've noticed my behavior as he seemed to be taking pity. I wasn't a fledged out hero like him, feeling like I could only take on the smaller tasks and if I was allowed to take on the bigger task I would have to be a long side him. When truly a nightmare for the supposal hero of my own City, having that title stripped down away maybe feel much more empty.

Its all I could think about.

That's it, the occasional break away with Jak interrupting my thoughts was the only thing that gave way to a happier time. Even then it was still him that was breaking the dense air and then fully placing it back as it was once we stopped talking to one another. As the pity in his eyes got me annoyed, I looked over to him.

"What?" My words echoed the halls, not as loud as both of our steps.

Jak pulled his nose out of my business, looking at the steps once again and then we finally made it to the edge. It just dropped off into some water, and it was floating things around the place. It look like the Mar symbol, consisting of white and purple particles. Jak reached the first one it is instantly started flying towards the door directly ahead of us. We both looked at each other, knowing that we would have to collect the remaining ones.

"I'll collect these, just swim towards the door and I will pick you up once you reach it." When he said it like that, anger flooded my eyes as I look down to my feet knowing well enough that I had my own hover boots still. I was thrown out into the desert with them, and without the hover boots are probably be good because I would have never looked around without them.

Turning them on, I already mastered them, so I started skating through the water I suppose and collecting them along the paths. Glancing back at Jak and Daxter, they seemed surprise that I would still have them even yet, know how to control them. The last time they saw me in these, I was mostly running around Barefoot and refusing to wear them as I held them in my hands. I wasn't even trying to do anything with the hover boots, as I would usually fall on my ass and not get up again. The trial and error in the desert made me push past it and actually do something about it.