5

Checking my communicator for extra missions, my eyes felt like they were on fire. Four hours of sleep, ironically most I've gotten with trying to sleep. I walked into the elevator letting it go up, reading for recorded messages and what not.

'Girls night'! Texted Taryn, as I shook my head as we usually go to the bar to chug down several cases of beers.

The elevator stopped as I reached the top and figured the men were still sleeping, so I ignored the corpses; even though they were alive. I assumed, walking over to the chair for Damas I sat in the rest and cleared all my messages swiping the thing away. I finally looked to the people.

Jak... and Daxter!?

Our eyes meet, as mine lit up in surprise. "Aiden?" Daxter started as Jak stood up and Daxter swam out of the pool area.

I dropped my communicator to the floor, and stood up from the chair. "What...? H-How!?" I screamed.

"Aiden! Why didn't you come back!?" Jak growled, he was for sure mad at me. He stood proud and tall as I wanted to just vomit into the water. "If you were here, and alive... why!" He screams with the max amount of loudness he could possibly get. I sunk down into a funk, as I shied away from them since I didn't want to make eye contact with them at all. I felt extremely nervous and they were both angry at me and why didn't try to go back to Haven City.

"Uh..."

"Aiden!"

What do I tell them? That I saw Jak with Keira, even though we didn't have a thing going on? And that made me want to leave as soon as possible? That I took a girl from Haven City and brought her here? I didn't go back or consider it because I felt like a hero here helping people and I had no thought about them or going back.

"I thought Kor killed you!"

"Ahhh..." I looked away, biting my lip.

"Aiden... what happened?" Daxter asked, getting closer. As I looked into his eyes, I saw him begging in a way that made me want to answer him but it made me look away and glanced back several times before I cross my arms and made a face I couldn't refuse him. "Why are you here? How did you get here?" He asked.

Breaking finally, I sighed out.

"I've been here... for three years." I mumbled.

"But it should've been a year, you were last taken by Kor...!" Jak was really confused about it all.

"Surprise! I got thrown into the rift again, came out into the wasteland in a shooting star!" I laughed nervously with a fake smile using jazz hands. They steamed up even more, I could practically see the boiling water they were standing in. "I didn't think you guys would ever... try to come here." I looked to the floor and put my hand on my neck.  "I was gonna stay... but I saw... you happy without me." I excluded the whole truth about my disappearance.