20

The precursor robot took a dive straight down into the abyss after Jak, Daxter and I filled it with lead, eco, and a few drops of explosive device filled minecarts. We all peered over and it suddenly flashed a bright light and shakes the dirt cliff we were on to make sure back away. Up shot another device and we saw a gun up grade, without even a debate; Jak grabbed it and attached to his gun.

"Oh yeah!" Squealed Daxter, pumping his fist into the air. "The boys are back in town!" He jumped up to Jak and I's shoulders to pull us closer. I was actually being included in this, and it felt like I was need. Jak looked into my eyes as I did the same and we glanced away just as fast.

"Let's go top-side and see what kinda trouble we can get into." Jak smirked, looking ahead and walking to the door. He looked behind to me, tipping his head implying that I need to come along. I mean what else was I going to do anyways, I ran to catch up.

We all wondered the surface, making our way to across the ruined remains of the city the Metalhead took over. "This place looks as bad as my old bedroom back home." Daxter commented, making me roll my eyes. He couldn't be more right, the metalheads ruined the place and we ransacked it for everything worth while when the plague of beast were introduced to us.

"Aiden! Jak!" My ears twitched, as I looked to a barrier against the wall and saw Samos and his daughter who I haven't seen since I left. "Over here!"

"Samos, Keira!" Jak was genuinely happy and began to run at the wall, standing right next to it.

"Ah, Samos... still as green as the stuff between my toes."

"See Keira, I knew I could feel Aiden and Jak's energy!" He looked up to his daughter and smile at her to not back. "My boy, it's good to see you again."  He commented as Jak put his hand against the barrier as then Samos turned to look at me. "And Aiden, I see you've come back to join the fight. It's good to see you again." He kindly said, making me miss his wrinkled smile. Samos turned serious again, "Those passageways below the palace, they must be terribly important!" He turned away and started to strike his beard. "The metalheads and KG robots are advancing towards them and we can't hold out forever."

"So the city needs help? Wonder what else is new." He crossed his arms and smirked.

"Veger has turn down the force fields here."

"Veger's the one that attacked the palace!" Jak retorted the information we all had learned below.

"He said he was looking for... something below... something in the catacombs." I added, placing my hand on my hip.

"Well you two are just going to have to find whatever it is before he does. But first, one of you need to find a way into the city. We were only able to get one overriding bypass for one trip." Samos said, as Keira dropped the pass on the floor and kicked it to our side. "And Jak... we're sorry for what happenrd. We should've stopped Veger."

"I'll stop him myself." Jak clutched his fists thinking about how he was thrown out into the wasteland. He turned to me, looking me in the eyes with a serious glare and setting a hand in my shoulder. "I want you to go back into the city, take the pass-" Daxter climbed on Jak to reach over and place it in my hand, "I want you to be safe."

"We just got back together for action, are you shittin' me?" I commented, Jak already looking at me with a glare. "We were supposed to help each other."

"There's one pass here and I know my way around the city. I'll be happier knowing you're with Samos and Keira." He pushed me through the force field. "Not because you're safe, because you're back." Jak made his decision. "I'll be over that wall in 30 minutes." He said, as he started taking a run through the broken part of town leaving me with Samos and Keira.