21

Things changed a lot, so much... eberything was just so different and I was so confused and lost in thought. All of this was accomplished when I was missing, making me feel like a tiny spec again. I'm proud to ses Haven in glory but I really wasn't needed... was I? Samos saw my mixed feelings as I looked through the glass window on top of the updated hideout. Not so much a hide out anymore since we were dead center and everyone can see it in the sky above.

"Aiden my dear, what's wrong." Samos placed his hand on my back to look me in the eyes as my ears lowered. "You look lost and confused."

Taking a such, I puffed it all out and looked back to the skyline and the rising sun. Its been seven hours since Jak was supposed to come back and I've been waiting. "I know Jak's okay, he's Jak!" I started, nodding my head. "But where is he?"

"I feel him close, he's in the city. For now all we can do is wait for we don't have any connection physically to Torn or others."

I leaned against the window with my forearm. "Yes, I heard..."

"But that's not all that's troubling is it?" Perking up, I looked to him as he clutched his staff and started walking back into the room. He started to sit down and meditate. Samos rose and tapped his staff on the floor to urge me to sit. "Join me, meditation is a good start for a clear mind. If not, speaking is easier."

I sat beside him on the floor too, he is a wise old man. He knew my dirty soul well.

"I just don't know how to feel with this." I looked to the sun again, noticing it was already passed the horizon. "I left to start a new life, and Jak shows up in my city to only take the title of hero when I had it." I opened up to him. "It always feels like my entire story is that I'm second place."

"Glory and fame isn't what Jak is in for, he wants to defend his people and now it sounds like he wants to defend you."

"Me? He tried to kill me in one of his blind temper tantrums." I chucked, starting to play with my thumbs. "We fought because I didn't say goodbye."

"Maybe it was because you knew it wasn't the end but the start of a friendship."

"It's been years since I've seen him."

"But it's been shorter here, everyone thought you died and moved on to bigger projects."

"Why didn't you say anything about me just leaving?"

"You didn't say anything, so I respected."

Hunching forward, my head aimed at the floor. "Am I a bad person?" I asked as Samos raised his stick and wacked my head. "Ow!" I yipped, blocking for any further hits. "What the he'll was that for?" Glaring to him.

"Doubting yourself is just as painful as a hit." He laughed cheerfully. "Aiden, if you want the connection between people then you need to ask forgiveness." He was right, I lowered my hands. I received another wack to make me grab his stick and prevent more. "That one was for leaving our family."