10

"So... you're eighteen now?" Daxter looked to me and tried to make conversation. Looking at him, he smiled widely. "You and Jak are the same age now." Daxter smiled.

"I turned eighteen about a month ago." I mentioned as the door to the garage opened. "I counted the days since I came here, then added the days to this timeline." I said, narrowing my eyes. "My birthday moved by five months, so I celebrate it later." I shrugged, as they didn't seem to believe my math.

"I just celebrate it by the date." Daxter mentioned.

"Since you two came in at the same time and it has been three years here for you two... it's about moved forward by nine months." I guessed, knowing most things about it.

"Then I'm nineteen in two months." Jak suggested. Yet another thing he beat me at, now how lovely is that?

"I'll be eighteen in... now!" Daxter cheered. "I thought I was still a little guy off by four months to my birthday."

"You are little." I said, bringing them to the smallest car in most daintiest one we have here. It also happened to be the safest, which I had no problem with that is it made them look like a couple of dorks from afar. And that was definitely going to be worth it to watch them do the silly little exercises, just to ride the stupid little car. "This is yours now, it's for the newcomers and the people that have to learn to write. So expect to share if there's new people, it's everybody's really."

"Right... but why can't we ride those?" Jak glanced to the bigger and badder ones.

"Keilver would slice our throats and use Daxter as a doormat and eat him alive." I told them both the truth. Daxter swallowed a lump in his throat, as Jak wasn't fazed. "He's not friendly, but he understands how to share with the people he trust."

"So you?" They said climbing into the car as I hung on the side.

"Precursors, no. He got mad when I beat him in the gunner courses, whoever wins has to use it to protect the city... and I did when something from the sea attacked everyone here." I grinned and pointed out the door. "Anyways, let's get going, we have a list to do." I commanded.

My stomach ached, maybe I should get some food after.

"I think I like this Aiden better." Daxter said.

"I still would've liked to see that you were alive in our timeline."

"Jak, I had to do a lot of things in Haven... if I returned and got catch somehow... I would've been thrown in the Dark Warrior Project too... I've done a lot of work to the point if I returned, then Erol would've targeted me before you."

Jak looked disappointed, he started to drive. "Aiden...we missed you. I thought you were dead."

"I'm stronger than I look, animal boy." I mocked. "Just because I'm weaker than you doesn't mean I'm weaker than all."