Adventure #16: Part 1: Surprise Arrival and Baby Daddy

HEY! MERRY CHRISTMAS AND IF YOU DON'T CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS THEN HAPPY THURSDAY!

Part 1:

"Thank you." I told the taxi driver as I handed him the money and tip.

He gave me a smile and I closed the door letting him drive away.

I turned back towards Bobby standing in the sidewalk next to all our luggage bags. "Ready?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He said and grabbed the heaviest bags so I wouldn't have to carry them. I picked up the rest and we walked towards the front door. I knocked since I didn't have my key and neither did Bobby.

Less than five seconds later the door opened and Bobby and I were basically tackled by Dexter who looked like he wanted to cry. "I missed you both so much!" He said.

I smiled. "Me too Dex but these bags are kinda heavy so can we hug and stuff once we're inside and can put them down?" I asked.

"Yeah." He let go and Bobby and I walked in putting the bags down next to the staircase.

"Where's everyone?" Bobby asked.

"Backyard." Dexter said closing the front door. "I didn't tell them you were coming back like I promised."

"Lets go surprise them then." I said.

"You just want to see Charlie already." Bobby said but walked towards the back living room. "What have we missed in the days we've been gone?"

"Not much. Everyone has been kind of gloomy missing you two so nobody has done much. Although Peter and Emilie seem to have patched things up and are in good terms but aren't together. Did you two visit mom and dad?"

"Yeah. We stopped by two days ago and visited them. We went and visited Hope's parents as well and they were happy to see us back in town for a few days. They asked how you were doing and how our summer was going." I said smiling remembering their tearful expressions when we went to visit them.

Dexter nodded. "So...how was Hope?" He asked.

Bobby smiled. "A lot of people must go and visit her because there were a lot of flowers. I think it's the kids from the orphanage she volunteered at. I stopped by there and they were all very happy to see me." He said.

I touched his shoulder comfortingly as we reached the back living room and stopped before walking outside into the backyard.

"A lot of people love her and miss her." Dexter said. "She left a mark on everyone who knew her. She'll never be forgotten."

"Yeah." Bobby smiled. "Let go outside now and surprise everyone."

We walked out into the cold summer afternoon and saw our friends sitting in benches and talking not noticing us. My eyes immediately looked for Charlie and when I spotted him sitting in a chair talking to Xander my chest felt weird and I couldn't help but smile.

Snowflake was the first to notice us. He looked up from next to Dillon's chair, where he had been resting, and ran over barking. He stopped in front of me and waiting for me to pet him.

"Hey you huge loveable dog." I said smiling.

"Oh my gods!" I heard Emilie yell.

I looked up and saw everyone looking at us. The only person who I was most interested was Charlie and when he turned around and saw me he froze.