Adventure #15: Part 1: A Walk Down Memory Lane

Part 1: A Walk Down Memory Lane

  "Hi Hope." I said sitting down next to her. "It's Lolly here to try and make you laugh or smile or whatever. Bobby is coming in a bit but he said I could talk to you by myself since he wants to talk to you by himself once I'm done."

  The wind blew and made me shiver.

  "Can't stay very long though so I'll try and make this quick so Bobby can talk to you." I smiled and sighed. "I'm missed you Hope. I know I don't come and visit you a lot but to me you're everywhere I go and coming here and seeing you here hurts. Every time I come here I think it's going to be easier than the last time but it's not and I'm sorry for that. I'm sorry for that night. I'm sorry I tagged along and I'm sorry I distracted you and Bobby."

  "I know me saying sorry doesn't change what happened but I need to say sorry every time I'm here because I really am sorry. Bobby is still a reck over what happened he just doesn't let anyone see it. He acts like he's the happiest person ever but I know he's hurting and I know you wouldn't want him to blame himself his whole life so help him. Help him see he can love you but also give love a chance again. I understand you'll always be his first love but he needs to give love a try again for reals. He jokes around by flirting with girls and making it seem like he doesn't have a girlfriend because no girl likes him but I know he's scared of having a girlfriend. You were his first girlfriend, first kiss, first love. Hope I need you to somehow let him know you want him to move on and be happy."

  "Did I ever tell you I looked up to you?" I asked then after a few second of silence chuckled as I whipped tears from my eyes. "I looked up to you so much. That was the reason I followed you around and bugged you when you were with Bobby. I was such a cockblocker. I'm sure it was obvious I was fascinated by you and Bobby probably told you I looked up to you but I never told you myself so that's what I'm doing." I took a shaky breathe trying to keep it together. "Since the moment Bobby first brought you home when you two were freshmen and had that baby project to work on together I was amazed by you. I knew Bobby liked you because honestly the poor guy told me all about you. I was like twelve or thirteen and Bobby always told me everything going on in his life and ranted to me about people he disliked in school and blah blah blah."

  I stood up. "Then one day Bobby came into my room for his daily talk with his little sister about how our day went and I knew something was different. After I told him about my day I asked him how his was and he said it was fine. Then he smiled. He said "Lolly promise not to tell mom something?" and I nodded agreeing not to say a word. What we spoke about in our daily talks was a secret and we never told anyone else if either of us asked not to. Bobby then nodded and proceeded "I met a girl today. Well I technically already knew her but I hadn't really paid much attention to her or spoken to her before until today." and Bobby smiled even bigger and said "She's wonderful. She's got these cute freckles on her cheeks and she keeps to herself mostly since everyone at school doesn't really get her. She's one of those adventurous, live life by the day, sort of girls. She's also really nice and I haven't ever met someone quite like her." and went on and on about you.