Adventure #11: Part 3: National Dexter Day, Birthday Bash, and Night Of Surprise

This is over 10,000 words long. I repeat. This is OVER 10,000 words long. It's the longer part I've ever written! Enjoy and don't forget to comment. Important Author's Note at the bottom.

P.S. This chapter is a bit more serious at times than all the others. The reason for that is that the end of the story is close and there is still a lot you don't know. Expect a lot of surprises for the rest of the story. Especially Adventure #13 which I've had planned for months. It'll end in a cliffhanger. Anyways yeah.

__________________

Part 3: National Dexter Day, Birthday Bash, Night Of Surprises!

"Okay. Ready?" I whispered to everyone.

They all nodded and I opened Dexter's bedroom door.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Dexter! Happy Birthday!" We all sang as we walked towards his bed.

Dexter opened his eyes and looked confused for a second before smiling. "Wow guys." He said as Jen and Em placed a food tray on his lap.

Dillon, Bobby, Xander, and Charlie threw ballons everywhere filling up the room. I held the cake we had all woken up early to bake and decorate.

"Make a wish and blow the candles." I smiled.

He thought about it for a second then blew the candles and we all cheered. Iris and Ethan threw confetti everywhere.

"Thanks guys." Dexter said smiling.

"We've got another surprise but that'll have to wait till later." Jen said. "Bobby bring in the cart."

Bobby stepped out of the room and came back with the cart with all our trays of food. Bobby and I sat on either side of Dexter and ate meanwhile everyone else grabbed a bean bag and sat around the bed and ate.

"How are you feeling today Lolly?" Dexter asked me as we ate.

"Way better." I said trying not to blush.

"And you Charlie?" Dexter asked.

"Better as well." He said. "Must've been something Lolly and I ate."

"Sucks that you two spent the last two days sick." Xander said smirking.

"Yeah." Emilie said.

The only people who knew why Charlie and I had gotten a cold were Xander and Emilie. Lets just say going into the water at night wasn't a good idea.

"You're spending the day with Lolly and Bobby until it's time you come back home." Jen told Dexter.

"And why exactly can't I stay home?" He asked.

"It's a secret." She said.

"You don't want to spend some quality time with your little sister?" I asked sounding hurt but everyone except Dexter knew I was pretending. He needed to get out of the house so everyone could finish getting it ready for the party and if that meant making him feel guilty then so be it. "Since you've been dating Cynthia you've spent so much time with her. You used to hang out with me a lot too but I guess now that you have a girlfriend you don't want to hang out with your annoying little sister." I made my voice tremble and look like I was close to crying.

"It's fine Lolly. You still have your big brother Bobby who won't ditch you for anyone." Bobby said pretending to be mad at Dexter.

I could tell Dexter was buying the whole act. He wrapped an arm around me. "I'm sorry Lolly. I never meant to make you feel left out or anything. I guess I have been a awful brother lately. Starting today I'll try harder to hang out with you and Bobby like old times. He said giving me a small hopeful and apologetic smile.