Adventure #14: Part 2: Uncle Xander

  "Hey Charlie do you have —" Ethan froze in the doorway. "Oh your brothers are going to kill him."

  I stopped roaming the TV channels and turned it off. "Charlie's in the shower." I simply said. "Also I'm here because I'm sick not for any other reason so don't go spreading false rumors around the house."

  "I won't say a word." Ethan pretended to zip his lips.

  "A word about what?" Iris asked walking into the room and her eyes widened when she saw me. "Oh my gods Lo—" Ethan covered her mouth and pulled her into the room shutting the door.

  "Not so loud Iris." Ethan said taking his hand off her mouth.

  "—lly! Everyone thinks you went for like a morning run or walk or whatever." She whispered but it sounded more like hissing.

  "I spend hours watching TV and reading without moving off my bed except for a bathroom break or to get food. Do I really seem like the type of person who would go for a run or walk so early?" I said.

  "No." Iris agreed walking over and jumping on the bed to sit next to me. "Where's your hot boyfriend?"

  "Right here." Charlie said stepping out of his bathroom. "By the way thanks for the compliment."

  Iris blushed and Ethan looked kind of sad.

  "Well in my opinion Ethan is the hotter brother. I mean look at him." I said making everyone look at the fifteen year old shy guy. He was blushing.

  "Yeah. Ethan is hotter than you Charlie." Iris nodded agreeing and Ethan looked overjoyed and happy again.

  "I warned my parents a sibling would make me look bad." Charlie joked. "What are you two doing here?"

  "Crashing the party!" Iris exclaimed.

  "I was actually just waiting for Charlie to get out of the shower to leave. Xander's sister is staying in my room and I need to check up on her." I said pushing the bedsheets off me and getting up.

  "Dakota is here?" Iris exclaimed. "Can I see her? I haven't seen her in so long!"

  "Umm...she kind of wants to be alone for now Iris. She's got a lot to think about and Xander doesn't even know she's here so don't say anything." I said.

  "Is something wrong?"

  "Let's just say there's no going back now." I said.

  "I won't tell anyone. I can bring breakfast for the two of you so you don't have to go downstairs. I can just say we're having breakfast in your room." Iris offered.

  I nodded. "That would be great." I said.

  I left Charlie's room and walked back to mine. I opened the door and walked in quietly since Dakota seemed to still be sleeping. I closes the door and locked it to make sure nobody walked I'm and saw her.

  "You don't have to be quiet Lolly." Dakota said turning on her side to look at me. "I've been awake for over an hour."

  "Sorry that I left you all alone. I spent the night in Charlie's room. How did you sleep?"

  "Fine." Was all she said. "Does anyone know I'm here?"

  "Iris, Charlie, and his brother Ethan. They won't tell anyone though." I promised.

  "I think I should talk to Xander." Dakota said looking at me. "I wanted to ask you if you could be here when I told him. You'll be of help in case he goes mental."