Adventure #15: Part 2: I Met A Guy

Part 2: I Met A Guy

  "Hello. It's me again." I smiled at the tombstone. "Yesterday I was a mess but today I'm much better. I promise I won't be as bad as yesterday. I know you always hated when I cried and you wouldn't like me crying over what happened to you. You would want me to talk to you and tell you how I've been and that's why I'm here today bright and early."

  I looked up at the clear sky. It had rained all night and it was suppose to start raining again this afternoon but for now the sky was blue and beautiful.

  "So I'll get to the point. I met a guy and I'm dating him now and it feels...amazing. Go ahead. Laugh. I always teased you and Bobby about how you were when you were dating and now I'm the same." I laughed. "You would love him."

  I saw a bird fly by and looked back down at the tombstone. "His name is Charlie and he's Dexter's best friend. Cliche right? I fell for my brother's best friend." I put the blanket down next to her tombstone and sat down ready to talk. "Anyways I guess you're wondering how we met. The first time we met I didn't know he was Dexter's best friend or that he was famous. I thought he was a hot annoying British guy who had nothing better to do than bother me when I was trying to read. Also I found out he was a grape lover. Gross."

  I pulled a dandelion out of the grass and twirled it in my fingers. "So we kind of got off in the wrong foot. Then when I went home Dexter introduced us and Bobby, Emilie, and I were going to excorsise the grapiness out of him but I decided he wasn't so bad. A few days later Dexter, Bobby, Charlie, and I went on a road trip to Dexter's house in California next to the beach. During the road trip I may or may not have started to realize the guy wasn't that bad and was hot and kind and...well you get it." I blew on the dandelion. "Oh and Bobby dyed my hair pink during the road trip. He's still evil. You should like make a bird poop on him or something for being mean to me. Please?"

  Hope is probably laughing at my weird request right now.

  "Anyways during the first few weeks in Dexter's house Charlie and I kind of got closer and closer and turned out not all grape lovers are evil. He's a fanboy as well." I smiled. "It's really cute when he's fanboying about a book. He's get all...adorable and pouty and I just want to cuddle and kiss him." I blushed. "I can't believe I just admitted that but it's true. At first I didn't want to date him because he's famous and his fans would hate on me and the press would follow us everywhere and we wouldn't have much privacy. Also when I started college or university and he had to leave to film a movie or show or whatever magazines would probably make tons of rumors about how we broke up or he's cheating or I'm cheating. But I ended up getting over it and we started dating."

  I felt my cell phone vibrate in my pocket for over the tenth time since this morning. I sighed and took it out looking at the caller name knowing who it was.

  "I know what you're thinking and I'm scared. I'm scared he's calling to break up with me because he thinks I'm an awful person." I said. "I know it isn't my fault that you're dead but it still feels like it. What if Charlie feels the same way? What if he thinks it's my fault and he breaks up with me?"

  The light breeze blew a strand of my hair on my face and I pulled it back behind my ear as I clicked ignore. I sighed

  "I'm going to college." I suddenly said. "For two years then university. I haven't really told anyone yet. I still don't know what I'll be majoring in but I know I want to go to college. I want to experience it and live a normal life." I looked at my cell phone which said I had over a hundred twitter notifications. "Now that people know Dexter's my brother everyone suddenly want to follow my twitter and know how I'm doing and what I like. I understand now why Dexter kept Bobby, Ronny, and I a secret. Which is why I'm going to live a normal life. Well as normal as I can which isn't normal at all considering my definition of normal isn't quite like everybody else's."

  My cell phone started vibrating again.

  "I know what you're thinking Hope." I said looking at my cell phone. "Fine." I clicked answer and put the cell phone to my ear.

  "Hello?" I said closing my eyes and taking a deep breathe.

  "Lolly..." Charlie said like he was out of breathe. "Lolly? Is it really you?"

  I smiled. "No it's my twin." I said. "Yes silly. It's me."

  "Lolly...Lolly." He repeated my name like he didn't believe I actually answered. "Lolly I'm...sorry."

  "You read my letter." I said.

  "Yes."

  "So...why have you been calling?"

  "I think you know."

  "Tell me."

  "I want to be there comforting you. I want to be able to make you feel better. I want you to tell me how amazing Hope was from your own mouth not from a letter."

  "I'm sorry I left without a goodbye." I said.

  "All I care about is that you're okay. How are you feeling?"

  "Better." I smiled. "Yesterday was hard. The actually date is always hard but today is actually better." I took a deep breathe. "I told her about you."

  I could heard Charlie breathing for a couple of seconds meanwhile he processed what I said.

  "Really? What did you say?"

  "I'm actually with her right now and I told her what a pain in the butt you are."

  "Am not."

  "I'm sure she likes you anyways. She's probably laughing at the fact that I have a boyfriend after teasing Bobby and her that I would never act like them."

  He chuckled. "I'll call you later." He said.

  "Okay."

  I wait for him to hang up but he didn't and neither did I.

  "Lolly I want you to know that..." Charlie seemed to be having a hard time putting what he was thinking into words. "I want you to know that I really care about you and that I don't blame you for Hope's death. It wasn't your fault and I know you thought I would break up with you when I found out but I'm not going to. I like you Lolly. I really mean it and you can even ask Dexter because he saw how upset I was yesterday when you left and then after I read the letter he kept me from taking a plane and going to where you are and comforting you. I'm not planning on breaking up with you anytime soon. You make my life more exciting."

  "I like you a lot too Charlie." I said smiling and whipping a tear off my cheek. "Now don't worry about me. I'll be back there in a few days and tell Dexter not to worry. Bobby and I just need a few days for ourselves."

  "Okay. Bye Lolly." He said and ended the call.

  I placed my cell phone next to me and looked up at the sky. "I miss you Hope." I said.

I hope you liked it!

Dedicated to megan_waffles as a late birthday present and HWeber13 because she's awesome!

Don't forget to vote and comment!