Adventure #14: Part 3: Farewells and Going Home

  "When will you be back?" Charlie asked me.

  "I don't know." I said. "Can you pass me that bag?"

  Charlie grabbed the bag next to him on my bed and stood up and handed it to me.

  "Thanks." I said and put it on top of my luggage bag with wheels. "I've got to go check in on some details of the trip back home with Bobby. I'll talk to you later."

  "Lolly—"

  I left my room leaving Charlie there as well.

  "Are you done packing?" I asked Bobby when I reached his room. It was a mess, and I mean more than usual.

  "Almost." He said as he worked on making stuff fit into his luggage bag. "Are you still avoiding Charlie?"

  "I'm not avoiding him." I said walking into his room and towards his bed.

  "Then why have you spent the past two days avoiding being left alone with him. You've made every excuse to not go out with him or anything. He's not stupid you know."

  "I know that." I sighed and sat down. "It's just that he doesn't know where exactly we are going and why. I couldn't bring myself to tell him."

  "Why?"

  "Because he would find out what an awful person I am and dump me and honestly I hate to admit this but he's made me happier in the last couple of weeks. Don't tell him that. It'll go to his head and then there's now way of bringing it back down."

  "You're not a bad person!" Bobby exclaimed. "Nobody but you thinks you're a bad person. Even Lindsay said it wasn't your fault. Charlie won't blame you for the accident either and you need to stop blaming yourself. I thought we were over this Lolly?"

  "I shouldn't have gone." I said.

  Bobby sighed. "Tell him before we leave. Please." He said. "I think Charlie is good for you Lolly. He brings out a side of you nobody has ever seen before and he seems to understand you almost as good as Dex and I. He'll understand the events of that night as well and maybe, just maybe, he'll help you realize it was an accident not something you caused and should keep blaming yourself for."

-

  "I'll have my cell phone with me twenty-four / seven in case you need to call me. I don't care what time it is just call me." Dexter said as the man took the bags out of the car and put them in Dexter's private jet.

  "Don't worry. We'll be fine." I said.

  Dexter looked close to crying. "Just...please don't do anything stupid that could cause you to get hurt. I love you two." He said.

  "And we love you two." Bobby said with red eyes.

  "It's just a few days. They'll go by quick." I said.

  "Mr. and Ms. Harris are you ready?" The pilot asked us.

  I nodded. "Two more minutes." I said.

  The man walked away and I took out a envelope from my back pocket. "Dexter can you give this to Charlie?" I asked as I handed him the fat envelope.

  "What's in it?"

  "I couldn't tell him myself about Hope so I wrote it down. Just give it to him and after he's done reading tell him not to call me because I won't answer anyways." I said.

  "He'll probably still call." Dexter snorted.

  I smiled. "And leave a voicemail when I don't answer. I'll most likely listen to his voice mails all day." I said.

  "We better get going." Bobby said.

  "Okay." I said. "See ya Dexter."

  Dexter gave us one last hug before we got into the jet. The whole trip back home Bobby and I didn't say a word. It was only the beginning or a painful walk down memory lane.

This was short but I'm going to do my homework and then try and post the next chapter/part which is really sad. Kay? Kay.

Vote / Comment / Follow