Chapter 42

Miss Teen Massachusetts | SKATERS

Nervous, that was all I could feel at the moment. The jitters that floated throughout my body only seemed to put me on edge even more. I felt like I was going to be sick, but that was something I couldn't do knowing that I couldn't up and turn back now.

I was stood next to Zayn outside of the home he was raised in. My palms started to itch with the thought of meeting Zayn's parents so much that I had to hide them away in the pockets attached to my coat. Zayn gave me a quick, reassuring smile before he unlocked the front door and let us in. The first thing he did was remove his shoes at the front door so I did the same, silently cursing myself for wearing thick, lace up boots.

Once I'd finally gotten them off and placed them neatly next to Zayn's and the other pairs that sat there, Zayn stopped me, his hands traveled to my shoulders giving them a slight squeeze.

"Relax yeah? S'just my parents, nothing scary about that alright?"

I took in a deep breath, letting my eyes close briefly when Zayn's lips came in contact with my forehead. After that, I felt a little better. I was still filled with nerves, but Zayn was completely right. I had nothing to worry about, it couldn't be that scary, right?

"Alright," I nodded, smiling a bit. Zayn let go of my shoulders and put his hand in mine. He gave my fingers a bit of a squeeze before letting go and leading me further into the house.

It was a nice house overall. It felt nice stepping foot in the place Zayn spent his childhood, it put a smile on my face imagining a little Zayn running around here. But then I was removed from my thoughts once Zayn's voice flooded the room.

"Mum?" He called out, looking around to see if she was around.

"'M in the kitchen!" Another voice called out to which I assumed was his mother's, obviously.

We walked further down the hall and rounded the corner, ending up in the kitchen. There stood a woman, maybe a few inches shorter than I was, in front of the stove with a spatula in hand. She had brown hair that stopped a little passed her shoulders and a white blouse covering her body. Zayn and I stopped behind the island in the middle of the kitchen just as his mother turned around to face us.

If my heart wasn't pumping erratically before, it definitely was now. Zayn's mum smiled wide, going back to the stove to take the pan she was cooking in off the burner. She then came back around with open arms before gathering Zayn in a tight embrace.

"My sunshine, I missed you," she cooed into his ear.

"You just saw me last week, mum," Zayn chuckled lightly. He pulled away from their hug, but not before leaving a kiss upon his mother's cheek.

"Yeah, but I still miss ya," she said. I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face. "Oh, who's this?" She asked once she'd caught sight of me. I blushed, looking towards Zayn for a moment before adverting my gaze back to the woman before me.

Zayn's mum looked back at him before looking back at me, her brown eyes going wide and the smile plastered on her face getting bigger. I was surprised that she could still smile what with how big her lips were spread already.

"You must be Jan, yeah?" I nodded as she came closer to me with outstretched arms. "I'm Trisha," she informed me. "I was wondering when I'd meet ya, I've heard so much." She then wrapped her arms around me hugging me similar to how she hugged Zayn before.

"I've been told," I laughed once we pulled away from each other. "It's nice to meet you."

"Of course, darling. I'm just making breakfast so you're just in time."