Chapter 14

Oh My Goodness | Olly Murs

Although I was at work, I had another thing on my mind. Zayn, of course. And although I should've felt the slightest bit of guilt because Alexa was mad at me, I truly didn't because I just couldn't bring myself to it. I understood why she was mad, I mean, I did leave her and Grace at the club, but then again, who could possibly blame me? It was like offering me a slice of pizza (which happened to be my favorite food) and expecting me not to take it. It just wouldn't happen.

I also couldn't bring myself to care because I had such a good night with Zayn that I couldn't possibly care about anything else. And let's not forget to mention that I practically fell so much harder for him. And fast. I mean, like, falling from the very top floor of the highest building. With no parachute.

But I was at work, sadly, and I couldn't think about Zayn or my friends or Liam--wait...

"Liam?" I called out. I squinted my eyes to make sure the brown haired boy was in fact coming towards me. He was.

"Hey Jan, what are you doing here?" he asked, a smile growing on his face.

"I work here," I chuckled, pointing to the Brook's Bookstore uniform I was wearing.

"Oh," he said. "Nice."

Knowing that Liam was stood in front of me, I couldn't stop myself from glancing around the room for Zayn. I guess he was just a priority for me.

No sign of him, though.

"So, um, do you need help finding anything or?"

"Uh," he hummed. "Not really. I'm actually here with someone."

My eyes lit up at the thought of who he could possibly be with.

"If you're thinking about who I think you're thinking about then, yes, I'm with him."

"I wasn't--"

"It's okay," he laughed, I forced out a chuckle. "He's coming, don't worry."

Liam patted the top of my head gently whilst still laughing, before walking towards the DVD section. Man, was I that obvious?

Zayn's POV

Brook's Bookstore. I seemed to be in here more than I ever thought I'd be. But it wasn't for the books or for my love of comics, but mainly for someone. A girl, a really beautiful girl named January. It was actually kind of sad how much she was beginning to mean to me, how much I actually thought about her within a span of twenty-four hours.

And as I approached the front entrance of the store, I found myself already smiling at the very thought of seeing her. I opened the door, a small bell signaling my entrance, and made my way towards the back where I knew she'd be.

I passed by that Dave guy and he gave me this look that I didn't like but chose to ignore because I wasn't in that kind of mood today. When I finally made it to the back of the store, the 'Mystery' section to be exact, I noticed that Liam made it here before me. Fucking Liam.

There Jan was stood before my dick of a friend, her height only reaching to his shoulders, which was kind of cute but I was far too jealous to even think about that. Of course they were both laughing and I was still jealous. Even though Liam's back was facing me, I knew, I just knew he was looking at Jan. I still hadn't punched him for last night, maybe now could be my chance.

Before I could even put my thoughts to action, Liam patted the top of her head--she blushed--and made his way to the DVDs. I wonder what that was for.

I took a deep breath and made my way towards January, who was now walking in the opposite direction. I quietly snuck behind her, covering her eyes with my hands so she couldn't see me.

"Guess who," I muttered into her ear. She kind of tensed up, forcing herself to turn around, removing my hands from her face.

"Oh my god Zayn, don't do that." She whined, but there was still a small smile on her face. I think it was my new favorite smile.

"Sorry," I laughed. "Ready to go?"

"Go where?"

"Go with me...somewhere. Anywhere."

"I'm not off yet," she pouted. "But I'm about to start my break."

"Will it be long enough?" I wanted to make sure I had enough time with her if I was going to be with her.

"I have an hour," she shrugged, a look of hope in her eyes.

"An hour it is," I grinned.

January's POV

I sat in Zayn's car holding my lunch for today in my lap. We were parked in the lot since we decided that we didn't want to waste our time together by driving. He was awfully quiet, but I didn't mind because then I could admire how beautiful his profile was. It was very beautiful.

But then again I wanted to hear his voice. I wanted to have a conversation with him otherwise we'd be wasting our time together and that was something we both agreed that we didn't want to do. And I only had an hour break so time was ticking.

"What are you thinking?" I quietly asked, pushing the strawberries I was eating around in their container.

He didn't answer for a moment and I was beginning to question if he even heard me or not. I was going to ask him again, but his lips parted before mine could.

"Nothing really," he smiled. "What about you?"

"Well Alexa's still mad at me," I mentioned, shrugging my shoulders.

"Still?" he scoffed, shaking his head.

"Yeah, I mean, I can't really blame her. I kind of ditched her and Grace last night for you."

He was silent for a minute because what I said was true. It was my fault that she was upset with me.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled. His caramel eyes melted into mine and I almost died.

"It's okay. I'll make it up to her somehow."

"I can talk to her if you want me to."

"No, don't bother. That'll probably make her even madder."

Sometimes I wished Alexa wasn't such a big drama queen. I wish she saw things from a different perspective instead from inside her own little bubble. She was quite frustrating, but she was my best friend and I loved her.

"Do you like Liam?" Zayn randomly asked, taking me by surprise. I frowned at him even though he was facing forward, looking out the front window of his car.

"I guess, I don't really know him. But he's really nice. Why?"

"Just asking," he shrugged. "You don't think he's, you know, cute or anything, do you?"

I gave Zayn this face because first, why was he asking me about Liam all of a sudden? And second, why did he care in the first place?

"Um, I don't know. I mean, he's attractive, yeah. He sort of reminds me of a puppy."

"Mhm," he nodded, still not looking at me. It looked as if his jaw was tensing, but I couldn't be sure.

"But no, I can't like him, not in that way if that's what you mean. I don't even know him."

"Good," Zayn breathed, looking at me for a split second before turning away again.

Well if that wasn't weird, I don't know what was.

***

Looks like Zayn's a little jealous haha (;

I hope you liked this chapter!