Chapter 38

Kiss Me | Ed Sheeran

Seeing Zayn again was like breathing in fresh air for the first time. I guess I hadn't realized how much I missed him until he was standing right before me, wrapping his slim arms around my waist. I breathed in his scent, his everything, as my head rested against his chest. I held him tight (tighter than I should have probably) with the brightest smile spreading across my face.

It was kind of weird because it hadn't been that long since I'd last seen him, it just felt like an eternity even though it was only about a week. But he was here now and we were together so I didn't have to miss him anymore. It was refreshing to know.

"Missed you," I muttered against his leather jacket covered torso. He smelled like mints and a tad bit of cigarettes, and any other time before this I'd probably be scrunching my nose now, but with Zayn I didn't mind. I didn't mind anything from him if I thought about it, actually.

"Mhm, me too," Zayn mumbled and I knew that he was smiling right about now because I could feel his lips spreading on top of my head. "I think my family were getting a bit tired of me," he said. "Apparently I wouldn't stop talking about you or something like that."

I picked my head up to look at him again with a quirked eyebrow. "Oh really?" I smirked. I may have ruined that smirk with a blush too, but who was asking?

"Don't tease me," he pouted playfully and I wanted nothing more than to bite at his lip but I'd save that for some other time maybe.

"I'm not," I giggled. "Probably will later though so don't expect anything."

"You're the absolute worst." Zayn stated but wore the biggest grin on his face. It made me want to grin too. But I couldn't because then Zayn was leaning in and placing his lips against mine and this actually felt like home. Not the room around me, not the town that I lived in, but right here wrapped up in Zayns arms was what I liked to call home. It felt a hell of a lot like it.

"Missed this too," Zayn laughed against my lips. I loved the sound.

"Mhm," I hummed, rolling my eyes. "I'm so sure you did."

"Can't help it," he whispered just before pecking my lips once more. "S'nice."

"Yeah, I'm pretty lovely, I know."

"That you are," Zayn smiled as I placed my fingers in the spaces between his and pulled him further into the house.

I almost forgot how nice it felt for my hands to be in his and now that they were I felt warm inside. It was honestly kind of sad how much the Christmas break took a toll on me, but I chose to ignore it to save myself from further embarrassment. And instead of thinking about how much I had missed Zayn this whole time, I chose to dwell on the fact that I didn't have to do that anymore. I wouldn't have to miss him because I could hug and kiss him all I wanted now and that's all that mattered.

Besides, I was pretty over the Christmas spirit by now. I was kind of (okay, maybe a little more than that) glad that it was finally over.

"I know I've just got here," Zayn spoke up after a while, making me stop in my tracks. "But I've been craving a proper cuddle with my girlfriend for like a week now, so..."

I found myself laughing because, first of all, how adorable was he? Like, seriously, I couldn't take it. And second of all, you don't know the twists and turns my stomach did, how crazy the thumping of my heart went, when those words fell from Zayn's mouth. I don't think anyone would be able to realize how insane Zayn made me feel just by saying a simple sentence. It was crazy to say in the least bit.