Chapter 60 - Epilogue

Still Into You | Paramore

"Let's just―let's get married, right here, right now." Zayn murmured against my skin, breath tickling the nape of my neck, goosebumps rising where the warm air once hit. He placed a small kiss just underneath my ear, his fingers tangled loosely between mine. It was the middle of the night, 2 AM, the sky pitch black and dark. There was an obvious contrast between the darkness of the night and the highlight of the full moon above that painted the world below and illuminated our skin so subtly, yet so beautifully all at once. The simple light casted on Zayn's tanned skin fit him so well, matched him so right; it lit up all his brightest features, molded all the right shadows so perfectly―he was so perfect.

"It'll be just us two, yeah?" Zayn continued, faintly shutting his eyes, breathing in calculated breaths through his nose. I watched him as his lips curved up into a gentle smile, barely there but still so genuine. "Just you and I―we can recite our awfully cheesy vows, and no one will be able to call us out for it 'cause no one'll be there but us."

"Zayn..." I chuckled softly, shaking my head against his chest. It was the middle of the night for crying out loud. I wasn't even sure why we were even awake to begin with.

"No, babe, m'serious," he murmured firmly but his voice was still so soft and smooth, and if I wanted to I could fall asleep to the calming noise without a single problem. But I wouldn't because now I was really intrigued with what Zayn had to say.

Zayn started to shuffle underneath the covers we had loosely draped over our bodies, turning so that he could face me, our tangled hands resting in between us. I caught a glimpse of the ring on my left hand's finger, smiling subconsciously to myself without even realizing I was doing so―I was just that happy. After all this time, Zayn still managed to make me feel like the luckiest girl in the universe. I wouldn't trade what we had for anything.

"Think about it," he spoke again, voice groggy and raspy yet still so lively and awake. "Weddings are so... cliché, don't you think?"

I looked into his warm hazel eyes and I could tell that he was being serious, but the thing was I couldn't take him seriously. First of all, it was a bit random for this conversation to come up so late―or early I should say―in the day. Maybe it was because that was normally when when thoughts came out to play, when your eyes were half closed and your body was telling you it was time to go to sleep, but your mind kept that from happening. I couldn't take him seriously, but I wanted to hear him out.

"I mean, yeah, they are, but it's a wedding, aren't they supposed to be cliché?"

"I suppose," he shrugged slightly, toying with the diamond on my finger with his thumb. "But weddings take time, yeah? Like, there's tons of planning and things you have to figure out, people you have to invite―and what if there's too many people? You've gotta disinvite and then people get their feelings hurt and we end up getting the blame and then we feel guilty and everyone ends up hating us all because they weren't invited to our wedd―"

"Zayn, honey, you're overthinking," I said in between uncontrollable giggles, eyes squeezing shut. Seriously, my sides were beginning to hurt from laughing so hard. And I laughed even harder when I took a peak at my fiancé (which was so weird to say, wow), noticing a very dramatic pout displayed on his face. I leaned over, still chuckling at him, to place a kiss against his protruded lips.

It did sound nice, though―the idea of a private, more intimate wedding. Deep down I'd always wanted something like that, something just for the bride and groom to share rather than everyone else. I wasn't one for attention, anyway; I was never big on being the center of attention, all eyes on me. I had to admit, I didn't like the idea of having to share such a delicate, secluded moment with others, because frankly it wasn't for them. To me, all that really mattered was Zayn and I; after all, we were the ones sharing our lives together anyway.