Chapter 12

Little Black Dress | One Direction

Zayn's POV

The club was way too loud and way too crowded tonight for some reason and I honestly didn't even want to be here. But of course I was and it was all because of Liam and his stupid puppy dog face--why did that face work on me anyways?

I don't know what it is with Liam and clubbing at all. I mean, yeah, it's fun every once in a while, but every weekend? It's like he never takes a break.

I was making my way over to the bar where I was told Liam would be. Honestly, all I wanted was to go home and talk to Jan. I wondered what she was doing or if she wanted to see me as much as I wanted to see her. And then I remembered that I was the asshole who suggested we spend less time together, for the sake of her friends. What an idiot I was.

As I approached the bar, I caught a glimpse of Liam's slick brown hair and his black shirt and the drink he held in his hand. And as I got closer I noticed who he was with. My heart almost jumped out of my chest.

He was sitting next to Jan, the two of them wearing these idiotic (well, not idiotic for her, but for Liam) smiles on their faces. They were leaning towards each other without even realizing it and all I wanted to do was physically push them away from each other. I could only imagine what Liam's intentions were with her and I didn't like it. I didn't like it one bit.

In fact, I was completely jealous. I mean, Jan was mine. Well, she wasn't exactly mine but we were really great friends and I kind of, like, liked her and--wait. I like Jan. It just hit me that I really fucking like Jan. And now all I could think was, does she even like me back?

I finally caught up with them after having to push my way through drunken bodies without getting a drink spilled on me. I adjusted the flannel that I was wearing and smoothed out my hair before I spoke.

"Jan?" I questioned even though I already knew it was her, of course. She was in the middle of a laugh when she looked over at me. I swear her eyes bulged at least twice their eyes. She kind of choked on her drink which made me chuckle because, god, she was the cutest.

And boy, was she fucking hot. Her hair was down, falling straight down her back and lying over her shoulders. She wore this tight, little black dress and I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs because she was so gorgeous and I wanted to recreate the first time we'd ever met again and again and again. She blushed (I must've been checking her out, but who could blame me?), tucking her brunette hair behind her ear in the cutest way. How could tucking hair behind your ear be so cute?

"Zayn, what are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same," I smiled.

She suddenly looked nervous, her eyes flicking back and fourth between Liam and I. I was confused at why she was looking that way, but I decided to let it go.

Speaking of going, Liam needed to go right now. Although he was one of my best friends, I just wanted to be alone with Jan without any "distractions."

"Wait, you two know other?" Liam questioned, the most puzzled look on his face.

"Wait, you two know each other?" Jan asked, her eyebrows furrowing. Would she ever stop being so cute?

"Sadly," I joked, earning a slap on the head from Liam.

"Well, um, it was nice meeting you, January." Liam smiled at her and I watched as she smiled back. I gave him a look because he wasn't allowed to look at her like that.

"Oh," he muttered, his bushy eyebrows rising. "Oh."

I really wanted to punch him in the face, but I couldn't because he was my best friend and best friends don't punch each other in the face.

"Is that her?" he mouthed to me. I started to sweat bullets.

I took a quick peak at Jan, who looked confused as ever. She looked between the two of us suspiciously and I really hoped she didn't ask what was going on.

"Liam," I cleared my throat, "I think I saw that guy, you know, that guy...that you know. Yeah he's, um, he's looking for you. You should, like, go and see what he wants."

"Oh, okay. You have fun," he smirked, the biggest, most douche-y smirk on his face. I made a mental note to punch him later on. "Nice to meet you again," he nodded towards Jan before he left.

Jesus fucking Christ, I really hated Liam right now.

***

SORRY THIS CHAPTER WAS SOOO LAME OOOPS

but little black dress though *wink, wink*