Chapter 13

Fefe Dobson | I Want You

Zayn's POV

"What was that about?" January asked, raising her eyebrows.

I couldn't take it anymore. Now that I realized how much I liked her, I couldn't get it out of my mind, and being in front of her right now wasn't making it any easier to.

"Nothing," I shook my head. "Liam's just weird."

She didn't look convinced but she didn't say another word and for that I was glad. She didn't know my feelings for her and I didn't want her to yet because I wasn't even sure she felt the same way. All I could do was hope that she did. Fingers and toes crossed.

"Did Liam drag you here?" She grinned at me, tucking her dark hair behind her ear as she waited for my answer.

"How'd you know?"

"Because my friends did too."

Even when she rolled her eyes she looked perfect and I needed to stop before I got way ahead of myself.

"Yet here you are, sitting alone at a bar." I laughed, she blushed, and I almost died.

"Well I wasn't by myself the whole time. Liam was here too. He's nice."

"Fucking Liam," I whispered under my breath.

"Huh?"

"Nothing," I lied.

"Do you wanna get out of here?" She suggested, looking up at me from under her eyelashes.

Jesus, she was amazing.

When I thought about it, getting away from loud music and drunk teenagers was a lot better than dancing in a crowded bunch, so why not?

"Yeah, I mean, if you want."

Of course she wanted to, she was the one who asked.

"Yeah I want to, silly." She giggled, hopping down from her seat, walking past me towards the exist.

I swear I would never get enough of her.

***

I could only imagine how many heads turned when she walked into the room. I was one hundred percent positive that she'd have the whole room looking at her because even I couldn't stop looking.

And here we were, the two of us together, strolling down the sidewalk on this starry night. It was beautiful; she was beautiful and it all made sense.

And then her phone rang and we'd only been walking for about ten minutes--who could possibly want to ruin this moment?

"Sorry," she mumbled, digging her phone out of her purse--what did girls even carry in those things anyway?--before looking down at the screen, a slight frown growing on her face.

"It's my friends," she groaned. "One second."

I watched her move to the side to take the call. Her long hair was blowing in the night's wind, the street lights illuminating her now glowing skin.

It was a sight to see, really.

"I'm sorry," she whined into the phone, "...why do you even care? You guys left me too...what do you mean it doesn't matter? You know I--You're so impossible, Alexa, you know that?...fine...fine."

She walked back to me, eyebrows furrowed in what looked like annoyance, throwing her phone into her purse after turning it off.

"I'm guessing that wasn't a friendly chat," I shrugged, and we continued walking and I wanted to smooth the wrinkles forming on her forehead with my fingers because she looked a lot better happy.

"Let's just say friendly chats don't exactly exist with Alexa."

"Are you in trouble?"

"She'll get over it," she shrugged. "Sooner or later she'll get tired of bitching at me all the time."

I felt like she was ranting, or at least she wanted to, and I wanted her to know that I'd listen to whatever she had to say simply because I loved hearing her talk. It was something I was becoming very fond of.

"Whatever it doesn't matter."

"Sure?"

"Sure," she said. "Besides, I think she just really needs to get laid."

I looked at her, she looked at me, and we just burst out into laughter.

"I'm sure you have some hot friends, yeah? Maybe you could introduce her to someone."

I chuckled and then stopped because, wait, what made her think I had hot friends?

"What makes you so sure that I have hot friends?" I smirked. I watched as her face went from normal to pink to borderline red, I mean, red red. She giggled and turned away out of embarrassment and I was almost one hundred percent sure she got cuter everyday.

January's POV

Zayn was so cute and so fun and so cool, and I was so...January. So not fun and so not cool compared to him; it was a shame, really. But it was nice because instead of being in that muggy, overcrowded club, I was out here, on this beautiful night, with Zayn. And even though Alexa (I wasn't sure about Grace, I highly doubted it, though) was mad at me, I couldn't bring myself to care. And that was pretty shitty since I was her best friend, but who could possibly blame me?

And now I was embarrassing myself because I'd basically just told Zayn that he was hot, which he didn't seem to mind and I was so sure that he knew it, and now my cheeks were flaming and I really sucked at life.

When I turned back to face him, once I felt my face cool off, he had this cocky, yet cute, yet wow, how is that even possible? smirk on his face. He was so beautiful it kind of hurt. I found myself falling for him a little more each day.

"Are you implying that I'm hot?" he smirked even wider. Could the ground just eat me up already?

"Uh, I-I'm just saying that, you know, like--"

"C'mon," he smiled, throwing his arm around my shoulder. I was thankful that I didn't have to answer his question, but now I was on the verge of passing out. "Take a walk with me, will you?"

Shaky breaths left my lips out of nervousness and I was glad that he either didn't notice or he simply chose to ignore it. We walked a little bit further down the sidewalk, Zayn's arm eventually, yet hesitantly, moved from my shoulders to my upper back to my waist.

I took a quick peak at him; he was staring straight ahead. Maybe he was just as nervous as I was right now. Before my gaze trailed back to the ground or in front of me or whatever, his eyes lingered on me for a moment. His lips turned up into this half smile, half smirk and I never wanted him more than I did now.

I wanted him more than a friend, really. I wanted to be his, I wanted to keep him and show him off and kiss him and hold his hand and just love him. There was nothing on this earth that I wanted more than to make him mine.

But I had no clue what he wanted. Surely he felt something between us, right, or else he wouldn't be here as much as he was. He wouldn't be holding me like this. There had to be something, right?

All I could do was hope as we walked closely together, that one day something, anything could happen with us. But all that mattered was that we were together and I couldn't ask for anything better than this.

***

this took me a couple days to write because I had no idea how I wanted it to end (writers block, ugh) but here it is so yeah, enjoy!

happy thursday (: