Chapter 57

Tongue Tied | Grouplove

When I woke up in the morning, Saturday morning sunlight peaking through the curtains in Zayn and I's shared bedroom and highlighting my face, I woke up alone. Which was pretty weird seeing as I normally woke up to Zayn's nose pressed into the back of my neck, his arms lazily draped across my waist, but today was different. Today I was met with an empty spot beside me, the covers ruffled and messy, pulled back like someone had just gotten up from having just been lying there.

I didn't think much of it, though, I was allowed to wake up alone sometimes; Zayn wasn't obligated to stay in bed until I was up. But, the thing was, Zayn never woke up before mean. I mean never. Like, him waking up before I did was a very rare occasion. I was sure if Zayn could sleep all day without any consequences getting in the way, or having to put up with any responsibilities, he would do just that in a heartbeat. If sleep were a person, I swear he'd be in a relationship with them instead.

I pouted a little to myself, feeling silly that I was actually, somewhat, missing Zayn a bit. It was stupid, I was aware, but I couldn't help it. I'd probably go crazy if this were ever to become a reoccurring thing.

I rolled over, still wrapped underneath the sheets, reaching out to grab my phone that rested on the night stand beside our bed. I found it even weirder how it was a little past ten in the morning, and I frowned even more about how Zayn was actually awake at this time, because honestly, if he had a day off he was basically dead until mid afternoon rolled around. I was beginning to think that I'd slept in late since Zayn actually got out of bed before me, but boy was I wrong. And by now, I was just curious as to why he was up this early (which, okay, wasn't really that early), and where he was.

But I didn't dwell on the thought too much because for all I knew he could still be here. Maybe he was in the kitchen, or maybe, possibly, he was out taking Trouble for a walk. (Which I completely ruled out that option because, yeah, I really doubted he'd wake up just for that.) I stretched my arms and legs out, making a weird sound as I did, before I sat up completely and made my way out of bed. I swung my legs off of the side of the bed, my feet coming in contact with the fuzzy carpet, but before I actually got up, I noticed a bright, yellow sticky note stuck to the side of my pillow.

I frowned a little as I reached forward to pick it up. It was slightly crinkled, but I assumed that was because I'd probably slept on top of it. I brought a hand up to rub at my eyes, a hint of sleepiness still in my system, before I read the colored piece of paper in between my fingers.

Morning, babe. Sorry I'm not in bed with you right now, but I've got a surprise to make it up to you. x

I smiled down at the sweet note Zayn left for me, but found myself confused as to why I was being surprised in the first place. But I didn't want to seem like I was complaining about it because I wasn't at all. My heart actually felt like it was going to burst with love at the cute gesture Zayn left.

I finally got out of bed, placing the note on the nightstand to keep it safe. I found myself smiling softly without even realizing it as I made my way towards the bathroom. When I flipped up the light switch to illuminate the area, I was met with yet another sticky note stuck to the mirror, only this time instead of it being yellow, it was a vibrant pink piece of paper. I shook my head, chuckling a little to myself before my smile grew into a full on grin before I pulled the paper off of the mirror.

Hey again! it read, followed by a silly little drawing of a smiley face sticking out its tongue. There's more of these to come after this. You're probably hungry, I bet, so I left you another note in the kitchen. I giggled a bit at the fact that this note didn't have much of a point to it but my insides tingled as I read it anyway. p.s. you look so beautiful, I can already tell, the note finished off, and I was pretty sure that there wasn't another human being on this planet as great as Zayn, I was so sure of that.