Chapter 11

The Love Club | Lorde

It was eating me alive. Days passed without seeing him, or sometimes even speaking to him. I couldn't take it; I was beginning to think that I was going insane.

And the more I thought about it, the more I thought about him, the more I realized that this little obsession, I guess you could say, with Zayn wasn't healthy at all. I needed to stop being so attached to him.

The week seemed to drag on. I went to work, then home, then work, then home and that was about it. I did manage to spend time with Alexa and Grace, which was a good thing because I told Zayn I would. But still, my week seemed so dull without a certain someone there to bring me up.

Right now I was snuggled into my sofa, buried under about three blankets with some scary movie playing on the tv. There was no sign of light whatsoever. The room was completely dark, just the television's dim light illuminating the small space. I was bored out of my mind. I didn't even know the plot of the movie. Hell, I couldn't even remember what I was watching.

I was so close to falling asleep, but there was a knock on my door, a rather loud, obnoxious knock. I groaned, throwing my blankets to the ground as I headed to answer the door.

Since my house was pretty dark, I had a hard time trying to find the light, but eventually I did just after tripping over a wall. How one manages to trip over a wall, I don't know.

There was another series of unnecessary knocks on the door before I finally opened it. Alexa and Grace stood before me with way too wide grins on their faces and bags in their hands.

"Thanks for telling me you guys were coming over. I would've cleaned up a bit." I said dryly. "But then again, I really wouldn't have."

"Nice to see you too," Alexa rolled her eyes, pushing past me. Grace smiled and followed her into the living room.

"I thought this was your house Jan, not Count Dracula's." Grace snickered, a little too hard since she wasn't the greatest at telling jokes.

"Are you going through an emo phase?" Alexa snorted.

"Ha ha, you guys are the funniest. I'm pissing myself laughing." I wasn't. "What are you guys doing here anyway?"

It wasn't that I didn't want them here, but I really didn't if I was being honest.

"We're bored, you're bored, let's go out."

"I was having the time of my life before you arrived, thank you very much."

"Yeah, if blinding yourself with darkness is what you call fun then sign me up."

God, Alexa was so sarcastic sometimes it hurt.

"If by 'going out' you mean going to the club, then no." I said, shaking my head, attempting to bury myself under the covers again. I would've been successful if Alexa hadn't ripped them off of me.

"Come on, Jan. The night is just starting!" Grace whined and I really wanted to cover my ears.

"We always go to the club. Why don't we try something new like, I don't know, not going to the club."

"Fine, like what?"

"I don't know,"

"Okay. Then to the club it is."

***

I couldn't believe that I allowed my two best friends--my two very annoying, very obnoxious best friends--to drag me to the same nightclub that we always dragged ourselves to. Even though I'd rather not be here, it was pointless for me to pout and complain. I was already here so why not make the most of it?

The beat thumped underneath me and pulsed through my body as the three of us squeezed our way through a crowd of sweaty, dancing bodies. We made it to the bar, because drinks were always your first priority when it came to clubs. Our drinks were ordered and downed within minutes. This night could either go really smoothly or I'd end up halfway drunk by my third drink. We'd just have to wait and see.

When it came to clubbing, Grace was always the one to get drunk out of her mind, while Alexa started off her nights on a very serious manhunt. I, on the other hand, went with the flow. With me, whatever happened, happened.

Except tonight I didn't want whatever happened to happen. My mind could only go straight to one person and one person only.

Zayn.

I imagined him being here right now. I imagined it being like the first time I met him. I wouldn't mind reliving that night over and over again. I'd relive it everyday if I could.

I sat alone at the bar (Alexa and Grace went on their own to do god knows what) with a drink in my hand, my eyes scanning the room for nothing and no one in particular. I was alone for a while, looking like a total loner, until the seat next to mine was accompanied by another.

I turned slightly to see a boy, a very attractive boy seated beside me. He was big muscle wise, he looked as if he'd just finished working out before coming here. He had brown eyes and brown hair that was slicked to the side, a black tee and dark jeans covering his body. He was pretty cute, yeah, but I honestly couldn't bring myself to care.

"Liam," he smiled, showing off a set of pretty white teeth.

"January," I smiled back, not wanting to be rude.

"Like the month," he chuckled, smiling wider. I'd heard that same thing from a certain someone before. "Nice."

"I've been told," I shrugged.

"You're sitting alone," he mentioned. I was pretty aware.

"I am," I confirmed.

"Why's that?"

When I thought about it, I didn't really know. I couldn't exactly answer him at all because I didn't have the answer. I was just here. Sitting. Alone.

"Um," I hummed. "I wish I knew."

"Do you want to, um, dance?"

I really didn't want to, but his face, he reminded me so much of a puppy, a very manly, grown up puppy. I couldn't say no because he was so darn cute and I'd feel bad. It was like refusing to pet a dog--you just couldn't do it.

But then again, I really couldn't because I kept seeing Zayn's face instead of Liam's when I looked at him and it'd just be weird because it wasn't Zayn. He just wasn't Zayn.

Before I could turn Liam down, someone interrupted me and for that I was thankful. And then I saw who it was and my heart almost leaped straight out of my chest. I had to double take before I was sure of what I was seeing.

I wanted to get on my knees and thank the heavens above because life just got a hundred times better in this moment alone. Life was really great.

***

such a sucky chapter, sorry :(

this song literally does not go with this chapter at all oops

comment and vote please?