I Was Never Loved- chp 15

Chapter 15

As expected, when I got home mom was ecstatic about me winning the crown and since Jayden and a few other friends followed me home mom insisted on taking a picture of me that made me look popular. She was determined to out do her sister. I couldn't really blame her though because I didn't really get along with Aunt Jen's daughter Tara.

Ever since a young age we've always hated each other. At one point we went to the same elementary school. For some reason the boy she liked me better and she got so angry that she had told mom that I was letting them touch me during class. That evening I thought I was going to die but mom only laughed at her and said, "Look brat just because you're a whore doesn't mean that my daughter is too." Then she hugged me and ask if what Tara said was true. Ofcourse I denied it and mom really believed me which was a relief because I never allowed such a thing to happen. When it came to Aunt Jen and Tara even if mom saw me set the house on fire she wouldn't believe them if they told her it was me.

The following morning I was awoken by a sharp knock at my door.

"Kai open up! You're burning daylight!"

"Yeah get up!"

What the hell were those two doing in my house? I sighed, got up then went to open it. Sydney and Jonie rushed in and immediately started looking through my closet.

"Umm . . . " I couldn't find the right words.

"Find something nice to wear, we just asked your mom if you can go to the mall with us." Sydney said distractedly.

"And she actually said yes?!" I'm sorry but that sounded odd.

"Well yeah, though we kinda told her it was to make her sis think that you go out to alot of places with friends and you shop alot. Basically she made us promise to take tons of pics." Jonie said while looking at my faded pull over. She frowned and threw it down. "Ugh it's a good thing that this gives me an opportunity to document your closet, 'cause this is depressing."  She threw down a few more faded articles of clothing. How embarrassing, they were searching through my worn clothes. All my good clothes were strictly for school, mom made that clear when she bought them.

"We are definitely taking you shopping." Sydney said, kicking away some of the clothes that had fallen on the floor.

"Why would you spend your money on me?"

"Because that's what friends do, silly and besides I need a distraction." So that was it. She wanted to forget what happened. This trip was to distract her from the fact that Kyle had cheated on her.

"Oh, well in that case can Emi come?" I figured I might as well.

"Who's that?" Sydney asked as she turned to look at me for the first time since the two entered the room. Oh yeah, they didn't know .. .

"Her daughter." Jonie answered matter of factly. Okay so Jonie knew. I guess I shouldn't have been too surprized. After being around her for so long I realized that nothing got by her. She knew everything.

"No way! You have a daughter?!" Sydney exclaimed.

I looked down and felt the blood rush into my face. Tell me I didn't have to go through this again.

"Long story Syd just let it go." Jonie said shaking her head. So she knew how I got Emi too?!?!? What the hell?!?! It was official, she really did know everything about me. Or did she . . . .? "The good thing is that they're both O positive because it would be a big problem if one needed blood." Okay, yup, she knew everything. I threw myself down on my bed and looked at the ceiling.