I Was Never Loved- chp 21

First off let me apologize for the long wait, you see my computer was seriously malfunctioning but then it started working so I had to hurry and get this publish before it went bad again. Enjoy :)

Chapter 21

The next morning I rose before my alarm had the chance to wake me. I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before, all I could think about was going to school and having everyone talk about me. I knew that I didn't deserve much but I deserved better! Why did Madelyn have to go spreading things about me?

I sat up and stared out into my dimly lit room. The clock said 5:50. With only ten minutes I threw off my covers and walked to my mirror. There was a small scrape left on my shoulder and a little scratch from when the explosion threw Matt and I a few feet away. It wasn't anything serious so I ignored it. That morning I took a cold shower in an attempt to calm my nerves. Somehow I had to prepare myself for what lied ahead.

When I walked downstairs mom was in the kitchen humming a cheerful tune while cooking breakfast. I hesitated at the stairs. Did she have a fever or something? She actually seemed happy . . .

"Kai darling would you like your eggs scrambled or fried?" She asked as she turned to me. I felt my eyes bulge slightly but I managed to compose my expression. Since when did she care what I wanted? It was usually 'I cook and you eat whatever the hell I feel like giving you'.

"Scrambled." I said hesitantly.

"Mom, you okay?" Matt asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"I couldn't be happier baby, now that that wretched son of a bitch is dead my air seems so much cleaner and my spirit much lighter. You know what I mean?" She turned to looked at him.

"Yeah." He said now smiling up at her.

When I finally got to school, mom asked for a kiss then she told me to have a great day. It  all seemed so weird. She wasn't suppose to be so nice- especially since it was at dad's expense. As I stepped out I instantly noticed that everyone was staring at me. It would be a long day.

Mom drove off and as I watched her go I felt more and more stares falling on me. I was almost afraid to turn around. I took three deep breaths then slowly turned to face my peers. I sighed. As expected everyone was staring at me. A few leaned closer to each other to whisper what I could only imagine was something they heard. I was pretty sure that none of them could prove anything they were spreading but when did that ever stopped teenagers. I took a step closer to the building and saw , from the corner of my eyes, a group of guys shift their body weight from one leg to the next. That was enough to make me walk faster.

Inside was no better. People lined the hall, which became quiet as soon as I stepped in it. I saw Madelyn at the top of the hall. Our eyes locked for about two seconds before she walked away with two other people. Even from a far I could tell that she was still talking about me. I took in another deep breath and tried to find some courage. I thought of Emi. I didn't want her to ever see me like this therefore I was never suppose to be like this. I would be brave for her sake. That little speech actually helped me somewhat. With this slight boost I pushed myself to my locker.

Hmm . . .I had Bio. . .then Chem. . .

"Hey."

I dropped my notebook book as my hand jerked slightly. What the hell was with these people and trying to give me heart attacks?! I turned and saw a girl from my Gym class.

"What's up?" I asked, trying to settle my nerves.

"So I like heard that you have a kid but you don't know who the dad is and that you've tried pinning it on all the guys at your school since you've slept with them all."