I Was Never Loved- chp 12

Chapter 12

Two days later I was discharged from the hospital. After my confession Jayden never said another word to me. I knew it was too good to be true, love? What a joke. I sat on my bed staring up at the ceiling when the door opened. I held my breath.

"Mom wants to know if you're going to school tomorrow." Matt said sticking his head inside. My heart sank with the disappointment that now filled me. I nodded. "Oh and um . . you okay?" I stared at him. Why would he care? "I was just wondering 'cause Lilia wants to know if you can babysit Emily on Friday." I nodded again, there wasn't enough energy in me to speak. He hesitated at the door for a moment but then quickly ran off. I looked back to the wall. It was a single colour. Perfect for my thoughts but that was where the problem lied. I didn't want to think . . . I needed noise! I felt like I was going mad with thoughts of that day at the hospital when Jayden . . . left.

A sudden blast dragged me from my thoughts. Matt had turned up the stereo in his room. I was definitely grateful for the noise. It was loud enough for me to drown myself out. Had Matt intentionally turned it on? Nah . . . not Matt, that wasn't his thing. I fell asleep to the sound of loud, mind numbing music and I didn't wake up until the next day.

When I got to school Sydney and Jonie were standing at my locker.

"Hey guys . . . what's up. . .?"

"Kai guess what?!" Sydney said, practically bursting with enthusiasm. "This year for the dance we're gonna be crowning a Cinderella!"

"Ew, why?" I said, furrowing my brows. Why the hell would I want to know that?

Sydney immediately left hyper mode. "Did you just say ew?"

"So?" I asked, not seeing the big deal. Those things were just a waste of time. All they did was boast the ego of the social 'gods and goddess' while reminding the socially inept that they were unliked.

"Well it's just that I thought you would have been more excited and even eagered to know how you could win."

"Hell no." She did not know me at all.

"Could this animosity come from the fact that you've never won anything, ever?" I turned immediately and there standing just a few feet away was Jayden. He smiled as he walk right up to us, just like nothing had happened. There was mock accusation in his tone and he smiled down at me.

"Oh bite me." I retorted. His smile turned into a grin. It was almost as if he didn't remember what happened that day . . .or . . .he didn't want to. I would need to speak to him about it.

"Well it's too late for me to care what you think." Sydney said rather matter of factly.

"And just why is that?!" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Because I've already decided that I'm gonna help you win."

Jayden bursted into wild laughter. "Kai? Cinderella? You must be joking."

"Why couldn't I be Cinderella?!"

He looked at me, trying his hardest not to laugh, "Because . . .you're you; you don't have a feminine bone in your entire body."

Was that a challenge? "Oh yeah? We'll see about that."

"So you'll enter?" Sydney asked, preparing to bounce off the walls.

"Hell yeah, who's judging by the way?"

An arrogant smirk slowly curled itself unto Jayden's lips. "That would be me." He had that haughty, king of the world look on his face again. I groaned.

"Oh my gosh, are you serious?"

"Yup!" I swore his head got bigger, there wasn't enough room for all his ego. It was practically spewing out his ears.