I Was Never Loved- chp 16

Chapter 16

For a moment no one spoke a everyone stared. Derrick himself was speechless at having been flipped and by a girl none the less. He stared up at her in shock as she stood, arms folded looking at Sydney in annoyance.

"What took you so long? Just look what you made me have to do." Jonie said as she gestured to the floor.

"Oh wow." Was Syd's only reply.

"Kai can I have a word with you?" Madelyn asked as she pulled me away from everyone else. Is that kid seriously yours?"

I looked at her then at Emi. "Um . . .yeah." I wouldn't disown my daughter. She stared at me for another moment as if she wasn't sure what to say. She looked back at Emi then Derrick.

"So is it true that you really slept with all the guys at your old school?" She asked cautiously. My slight hesitation in answering the question was all she needed for confirmation. She shook her head as she stepped away. "So you're like some kind of whore . . .?" I opened my mouth but no words would come. She shook her head again. "Come on guys, let's get out of here." She said as she walked off. Well then . . .

Jonie took a step closer to me but then stopped. I turned in time to see derrick get up and about to smack Jonie from behind. I was about to shout to her because her back was turned to him but then she raised her fist and it punched him. Turning around she grabbed him by his left arm, wrung it around 'til it was behind his back. "Now listen carefully, I want you to leave my friend alone, you hear me?" She whispered next to his ear. I turned to Sydney with a questioning stare.

"She use to take Karate." Sydney explained nonchalantly. Derrick nodded frantically but as soon as she let go he swung a punch. Jonie immediately ducked and did a roll. Once her feet were in the air she used them to send derrick flying. I looked back at Sydney again and saw her looking idly at her new manicure. "There was a gymnastics class beside her Karate school." I nodded my head understandingly as I watched Derrick actually managed to get a hit on her. Jonie jump unto Derrick and gave him a few wild punches, anger now burning in her eyes. My eyes bulged wide. "And she would sometimes go to street fights." Sydney added after seeing my expression. Note to self, don't piss her off.

The store clerk ran over to us shouting. "Hey! Knock it off!"

Jonie wouldn't listen as she kept punching. A few of Derrick's friends tried to help him but Jonie fought them off one by one while still managing to hurt him. The security guards at the door ran over to us and tried getting Jonie off him. After much tugging they did.

Once up Derrick tried grabbing her but the security guards held him back. I could tell that Jonie wanted them to let him go.

In the end we were thrown out of the store and told never to bring Jonie or Derrick back ever again. As we went our separate ways Jonie gave Derrick a final warning glare. Him and his friends quickly retreated.

"Jonieee!" Sydney whined. "Now we can't go back, and to think I saw these really cute shoes."

"Calm down, they just said I couldn't go back." Jonie said as she rotated her wrists. Emi just kept staring at her.

We all decided to head down to the food court but as soon as we got to the staircase I was suddenly pulled away with someone's hand over my mouth. I turned immediately and saw that it was only Jayden. I was about to cuss him for scaring the hell out of me but he signalled me to be quiet. I stared at him questioningly as he began pulling me further and further from Jonie and Sydney. Was we were far enough he stopped and smiled.

"Hi."

I glared up at him. "What the hell?! Suppose you had given me and Emi heart attacks?!" He smiled sheepishly at me. Leave it to him to not feel bad about his actions. "And anyway you can't just kidnap me like that. Jonie and Sydney will be worried."