Explanation

Okay I really can't and don't want to do an epilogue but however I will explain the emi thing . . .enjoy . . .

Explanation

---Jayden's POV---

As I got closer to the house I heard both Lilia and Emi crying. I had to find them, for Kai's sake, She didn't deserve to have everything taken from her.

"Lilia!" I called out.

"Jayden . . .? Jayden around here!" Lilia called weakly. As a large puff of smoke came through the side window and rushed towards me. I coughed with my lungs hurting. Great, I could hardly see and I nearly ran by the basement window that they were both sticking their hands through.

"Lilia!" I threw myself on my knees in an effort to get a better look. Lilia was covered in soot with a few bruises all over and she was holding Emi towards the window. Emi had just as many bruises and burns and her clothes were scortched.

"Please . .take her-"  her sentence was interrupted by an uncontrollable cough. There was a loud crack and dust particles began falling from the basement roof. "Hurry . . ." She pushed Emi, who was now whimpering. I eased her through the window and she clung to me. "Save her please . . ."

"I'll help you through, give me your hand."

"No-no . . .don't waste your time . . .just her . . ..save her . . ."

"But-" There was another crack. We both looked to basement ceiling. No! How could she already accept her fate?! I could still save her; it was possible. I stretched for her hand once more but she only refused it again. I sighed in resignation. "Come on Emi let's get you to your mo-"

"No!" Her voice was getting weaker. "No, you can't let Kai see her like this . . .she-she'll break. Just please . . .it's important that no one . . .especially Anna. . .she'll kill her." She paused to cough. "When she's better . . .after the bruises are gone and she's recovered then you . . . you can give her back to Kai . . but . . .promise me that you'll hide her." I stared at her, my mouth refusing to open. "Promise me!"

I nodded franctically before I lost all feeling.

"Auntie Lila . . ." Emi whined, stretching towards her. She smiled weakly over to Emi.

"I love you baby, take care. . .of mommy okay . . .?"

Emi nodded as she rested her head on my shoulder. There was a gust of wind that caused the fire to blaze towards us. A much louder crash followed and everythingcame crashing down. I gripped Emi and ran from the site. There was no point in giving her lung problems later on; especially since after taking a closer inspection I noticed that There was a large gnash on her right leg and her shoulder had been scrotched. I cautiously looked to the front and saw two firemen standing on either side of Kai as she sat with a blank expression under the tree out front. How was I going to be able to keep this from her?

No, you can't let Kai see her like this . . .she-she'll break.

lilia's words echoed in my head. If it meant saving Kai then she would have to go on thinking that Emi was dead . . .for alittle while . . .

I reached for my cell phone and in the thick smoke I could hardly see the numbers. When I finally dialed the number I waited anxiously.

"Hello?"

"Jonie I need you help."

"What's wrong? Where are you?"

I coughed before answering. "At Lilia's house you have to come get Emi but I don't want you to be seen and no one must know that you took Emi."

"Alright but what's wrong?" She asked more persistently.

I dared not sigh even though my patience was running low. "Look just please do as I say, I'll leave her to the back of the house." I hung up before she could ask anything else then made my way to the back of the house. By the time I got there my lungs felt as if they were on fire. My vision was also blurring and I could tell that Emi wasn't doing much better. Jonie please hurry.

"Hey! is anyone around here?!" A man called.

No! They couldn't see Emi.

"Emi stay right here, do you understand? If you stay here then you'll see mommy." I promised before making my way to the side of the house. They could find me but they couldn't find her.

I saw the figures getting clearer and clearer through the smoke but by now my my head was spining and my knees were getting weak.

"Hey there's a kid!" I heard as I felt my wind pipe close. I leaned against the wall for support but I quickly withdrew my hand as the heat sprung at me causing me to topple over. The men ran over to me and began saying something . . .what were they saying . . .? Why wasn't Jonie here? Another to ran over and put me on something . . .

I coughed, slowly losing all feeling. No . . .I had to make sure that Emi was alright . . .but- but it was so . . . hard to stay . . . conscious . . .

Without me even noticing when, I saw everything go black . . .