I Was Never Loved- chp 17

*Sighs* Unfortunately I start school as of tomorrow :(  so . . . the updates will not be as close togther as they have been for the past two or so weeks. I will still update whenever I can but that will have to be *Sighs* the weekend or if I'm lucky I might get a chance during the week. However the story must and will go on!!!!! Anyways enjoy chp 17 :)

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Kai, darling, it's me sweetheart. Do you remember me . . . ?"

I stood in the center of my living room simply staring as my father stood from the seat he was sitting in. Matt walked to my side also staring, I didn't really expect him to remember dad, afterall he was only about a year old when dad walked out on us. What was he even doing here? Hadn't he made his choice along time ago? I wanted him to leave, immediately.

My eyes fell on mom as she sat, legs crossed in her favourite chair. Her stare was icy and her expression unreadable. How could she be so calm when the man she hated was right infront of her?

"Hey there Matt, do you remember me buddy?"

"Ofcourse he doesn't, you left us when he was only one." I said coldly. How dare he even ask that after leaving us, leaving me , to die?

I remember the day he left. I was in my room when I heard had them shouting. I had peeked outside my room and saw dad storming down the stairs. mom had run to the top of the stairs and thrown something that mad a loud crash when it had landed downstairs. He had sworn at her and she had sworn right back. I had snuck down the stairs as soon as they were both out of the house and had seen dad get into his car. I had run outside shouting for him to stop or take me with him. Mom had grabbed me, lifted me by my shirt and held me in the air.  She shook me a few times while dad had sat in his car staring. I had started crying, begging him not to leave me but he simply drove off. I still haven't forgiven him for that.

"Well, um, that's actually what I came to talk to you two about."

I raised my eyebrow questioningly at him. Somehow I could already tell that I wasn't interested. There was now a smirk on mom's face as she waited for him to speak.

"Right . . .okay so I know you may think that I walked out on you and your brother but believe me I haven't stopped thinking about either of you since that day."

"Have you now?" I asked cynically. Oh my gosh, I was starting to sound like mom- I blame him for that.

"Yes I have and whether you believe this or not I've been filing for sole custody for both of you ever-"

"Hold up! You didn't say anything about taking my baby! Take the piece if shit if you want and get out but you're not getting my baby!"

Well that stung.

"He's my son too and he'll be better of with me you abusive bitch!" Dad retorted.

Mom shot up from her seat, eyes ablaze. "Then take him!!!! By all means go ahead, just try to take him!!!" Mom dared him and I could tell that there was a threat somewhere in there.

"Hey don't I get a say in this?!" Matt questioned.

"You don't need one darling, he's not taking you."

"I mean for Kai." My eyes shot to him as they bulged with shock, shouldn't he have been thrilled to have me leave. "Don't get me wrong, she's annoying, worthless and stupid but you can't have her! She's my sister, mine to do with as I please and I won't be able to if she's somewhere else." He turned to dad. "I don't know you and quite frankly I don't care to know you. Get lost, you can't just come and break up our little family. You left us so just stay gone!!! Afterall these years of Kai going through pure shit you choose now to come get us?!?!" A smirk came across mom's face as dad stared in shock. I could see the hurt in his eyes. I found myself smiling at his hurt, Oh no . . . I really was turning into mom.