I Was Never Loved- chp 27

Chapter 27

After Tara cried herself to sleep I took Emi into my arms and, in the dark room, I held her close to me. What if mom had made me abort her like what Aunt Jen did? I shuddered at the thought of not having Emi. Tomorrow they would all be leaving, Nana decided the visit was to be cut short and Aunt Jen couldn't have agreed more. That meant that mom would make Emi start sleeping with Lilia again. I ended up getting no sleep that night, instead I stayed awake watching Emi, how could I ever let her go now that I know what it's like to be around her at all times?

There was a knock at my door at around 6.

"Kai get up, you have school." Came the harsh voice that I had become so accustomed to. I rose then placed Emi back on the bed. My worries were about to increase. When I go to school I'll have to see Jayden and that was the last thing that I wanted. After last night I was hoping not to have to see him for a while. "Wake Tara as well, Jen wants to leave early." I turned to look at Tara.

"I heard." Came a frail voice. I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. It turned out that Aunt Jen was just as mean to her as mom was to me.

I stared at her for another moment before heading to the bathroom. My only hope was that a cold shower would be enough to desensitize me. With the kind of day I was going to have, the last thing I needed were emotions to drive me mad.

When I got down stairs Tara was sitting in the couch staring out with a blank look. I bet she had a lot on her mind.

"There you are Kai, um where's that um child of yours?" Aunt Jen asked, "I want to say my goodbyes to her before I leave."

"Upstairs." I mumbled as I took a seat at the dining table.

"I see, sleeping probably." She shook her head, "I can't believe that Anna would actually try disowning her own granddaughter." Mom flashed her a look that told me she was pissed. I didn't blame her. Mom had ever right to be angry. Aunt Jen was taking this too far.

"Atleast she kept hers." I muttered as I played around in my cereal hoping that no one heard me.

"Just what do you mean by that?' Nana asked as she sat up in her seat. I looked up in shock. Had she actually heard me. From the corner of my eye I saw Tara looking at me but I couldn't read her expression. Mom raised a questioning eyebrow at me, obviously curious as to what I could have found out that would make her sister look bad. I looked to Aunt Jen. The look on her face told me that she had an idea of what I knew and she was actually daring me to tell anyone.

"Nothing." I mumbled, trying to look at anything but my family. Mom cleared her throat and my eyes shot back to her. She was daring me to keep it to myself and quite frankly I didn't want to put her to the test. I swallowed hard. "Aunt Jen you say that I'm a whore because I had Emi when I was 14 but your daughter's no better. The only difference is that you forced Tara to have an abortion." I said in one breath. Nana eyes grew wide as she turned to AUnt Jen.

"You killed my great grand child?" She questioned, anger slowly rising. A smirk crossed mom face and stayed there. She was clearly enjoying this.

"Mom-no- it was-"

"Why Jen are you denying your own grandchild?" Mom mocked. Aunt Jen glared over at her but she only smiled spitefully. Nana leaned back in her seat with that haughtily distant look in her eyes. Oh no, I really shouldn't have said anything.

"Mom please, you have to understand that she was still very young and-and a baby  just wouldn't-"

"Shut up!"

We all immediately look at Nana. When she was angry even the foolest fool knew not a say a word. "Don't tell me about being young and any educational shit! I raised you better than that! You should have raised her better!"