I Was Never Loved- chp 28

Just a quick heads up this is not the final chp the nex one is . . .yeah . . .so . . .

Chapter 28

From teh back of the house I saw some paramedics running towards the ambulance with someone stretched out on the gurney. Who was it . . .? I squinted my eyes to get a better look.

Jayden!

He wasn't moving and his limbs simply dangled as they rushed him to the vehicle.

Dear God no . . .

I rushed up from where I sat and ran over to them. I had to jog to keep up with them. Jayden had soot all over his body and at the moment he was taking rather shallow breaths. His eyes tried focusing on me and I could tell that he was in pain. This was my fault . . .He tried talking but no words wold come out.

"Is he going to be okay?"

"Yeah he didn't really get burnt and right now he's just suffering from smoke inhalation."

"And the other two?" I asked esperately. The all went silent as they lifted Jayden into the vehicle. "Answer me!" I begged.

They looked at each other for another moment before one of them spoke. "An M.E will be coming to collect the unidentifiable woman and the child heard screaming was um-" He cleared his throat. "She was never found."

I felt something like a dagger run throat my heart. The-they couldn't find my baby? My Emi . . .? A Medical Examiner was coming for Lilia- she was-was dead . . .? A wave a nausea ran through me. Dead? Id anyone was suppose to die it was suppose to be me.

"Miss will you be riding with us?"

I nodded, no longer able to feel any part of me. We got it and it sped down the boulevard and straight to the hospital, siren blasting the whole time. As we pulled in I looked down at Jayden, he looked like it was hurting him to breath. He was in this situation for no reason. They both died anyway. They rushed him off to ER while I waited in the waiting area. As I sat there I thought of the current situation. I had simply told mother that Emi was family and she went and burned the house down. Jayden tried to help, now he's hurt and both Emi and Lilia are dead. A cynnical chuckle escaped my lips. They were dead. He wasted his time and ended up in the hospitaland-and they were dead! At this point I had started laughing to myself. All this because I said my baby was family! My mother killed my only loved ones so I would be miserable again, wow. Soon my laughter became uncontrollable. I didn't know why I was laughing or why it was so damn funny!! Maybe I had finally snapped.

Someone tapped on my shoulder. "Excuse me young miss but what's so funny?"

"My mom set my neighbors house on fire, killed my baby and now my boyfriend is in the ER." I said before bursting into laughter again. The man looked at me as if I was strange then he walked away slowly.

I kept laughing until tears came to my eyes. That's when I realized that I was only laughing to hise the pain; to edelay the reality that they were gone and I was still here. I sat silently for the remainder of my wait. My body had simply shut down. I was still seeing and hearing things but other than that I was completely detached. Mom should have just killed me instead because that's what she basically did.

Three hours later I was told I could go see him in recovery. I was anxious to see him but my body wouldn't move very fast at all. It had no energy left; I was completely drained. As I entered the room and saw all the wires attached to him I realized that I couldn't do this anymore. I was trying to be strong all my life when infact I wasn't. I walked over to him; he was sleeping. I stroked his cheek gently. Would I remember him after I did what I was going to do . . .?