Part 29

I left at about four o’clock in the end. I put up a bit of a fuss but Becky insisted I leave. My plan was to drive Jacks car to mine, pick up Becky’s stuff and then go and get Jack, and back to the hospital.

I gathered up some of Becky’s favourite things. Just clothes and magazines I knew she liked. Then I moved on to the pile of stuff we’d bought for the baby a while ago. After we found out it was a girl, we would always pick little bits up for her in cute baby shops, and now that pile was pretty big.

I didn’t know much about babies but I picked up some cute clothes and some cuddly toys.

I made my way over to Jack’s after that. He had training so he would have only just got back, but it didn’t matter, I knocked on the door cheerfully.

Jack answered the door, a big grin on his face. “Hey Rocky.” He said.

“Hey you. You ready to go?”

“Yep, let’s go.” He shut the door behind him and we walked to the car together.

“Thanks so much for covering for me today, not just school, but soccer as well. Was Stevens pissed?” I asked as Jack pulled away from the sidewalk.

“Not really. I explained what was going on and he was pretty cool with it. You know how much he worships you Lil!” I chuckled, he was kind of right.

We talked the whole way there. Jack caught me up on what happened at Soccer practise, and about the work I had to catch up on.

He’d told all the guys what was going on and they said they would come and see me later when I got home to check up on me. I smiled at that, they were really considerate.

When we got to the hospital I led Jack straight up to Becky’s room, glaring at the lady behind the desk as I went.

“What was that look you just gave that nice lady?”

“She is far from a ‘nice lady’. She was really rude to me earlier!!”

“Would have anything to do with you being demanding and rude straight back at her?” Jack asked, amused. I stayed quiet. “How did I know?” He answered for me, chuckling.

“She started it!!!” Jack laughed harder and I slapped his arm playfully.

When we got outside Becky’s room I stopped Jack outside. “Look, I know you have issues with my mom because you’re over protective and stupid, but she is really trying in here, so please, make an effort. Actually to be honest she didn’t even know we were still friends, so make a good impression!”

“Yeah, yeah whatever. Let’s go! I wanna see this little mini Becky!” he gushed, discarding my comment. He pushed the door open and bounced in.

“Where is my favourite girl!?” He squealed in a high pitch voice, running over to hug Becky. I laughed at him and watched from the door.

“Jack!! Shut up! Baby present remember?” Becky laughed.

“Don’t worry, Lily is okay with loud noises now” He teased, shooting me a look. I fake laughed at him and he rolled his eyes, smirking.

Then he walked over to where mom was by Alice. He shook her hand and bowed his head slightly.

“Pleasure to see you again Mrs Adams. It has been far too long!” He said in a posh English accent which was rubbish. We all cracked up, including mom. At least he had broken the ice between them now. I had no idea how he did that!!

He looked down at Alice, and stopped chuckling straight away. He gasped instead. “Becky she is so small!! Oh my days, she is so cuuute!” He gushed.