Part 2

When I got home the house was empty, as usual. I dropped my bag at the bottom of the stairs and went into the kitchen to get a snack. I was always hungry when I got home from soccer practice. There was a note from mom on the table.

‘Lily, I have a meeting, wont be back till late. Dad’s in Boston for the weekend. Call me only for emergencies. Lasagne in the fridge, or order a pizza. -Mom.’

I sighed and scrunched it up, chucking it in the bin. I grabbed a packet of chips and went to the fridge to get out a bottle of water when my phone rang. It was Jack. Two guesses what he wanted.

“Yes you can all come over.” I said before he could even talk.

“Great, be there in five.” I chuckled and went back to get my water.

True to his word, 5 minutes later, all the guys were barging through my door into the lounge. The lounge was their favourite room since it had all the game consoles and the 50 inch plasma screen.

“Lily, I'm hungry. Go and get me something to eat, I want donuts, chop chop.” Jack said not bothering to look up at me. He already had a Xbox controller in his hand

 “Excuse me, what am I, your slave? You know where they are, get them yourself lazy shit!” I replied smirking at him.

“Me too, please get them Lil, we’ve had such a hard day” Chase put his hand to his head dramatically as he said it. I just laughed at him.

“Uh-uh, get them yourselves; you boys are way too lazy. I’m going to put on Fifa, okay with everyone?”

“Can’t we play COD, we play soccer all day!?” Sam complained. I shoved him and put Fifa on anyway. I would never see the fun in all those guns, no matter how much time I spent with the guys.

Will came in with a box of donuts a couple of minutes later, they had obviously listened to me and got off their lazy ass’ and got food themselves.

“Thank you Will, see that wasn’t so hard was it?” I said playfully, he just rolled his eyes at me and sat down to play.

We played Fifa for the next 2 hours. Every time one of the boys scored they got up and did a victory dance. “Woop woop, who’s the champ? Oh yeah boys and THAT is how it’s done!!” Ollie cheered.

 “Alright, I’ve actually got work to do now, so you going to leave or shall I just go and get on with it?” I said to the boys, they were way to in their game to listen though so I just left them to it, “Jack you’re in charge, don’t let them break anything.”

I got a grunt in response so I went upstairs, unlike them I needed good grades, as much as I wanted to get a sports scholarship at the end of this year, I knew how unlikely it was since I was a girl, so I needed something to fall back on. Besides I didn’t want my parents getting involved if I had crap grades, which would only piss them off.

I got into some sweats when I got upstairs and got down to some work. I’d got loads today since exams were coming up soon.

 I got halfway through my math when my phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Heeeeey sis, I just wanted to tell you how much I love you and how super duper you are” I heard my sister slur from the other end of the phone. She was giggling like an idiot, I could hear music and loud talking in the background. Someone called her name.

“Becky go home. Sober up and call me back when you aren’t off your head. I’m working.” I hung up and took a deep breath, tears threatening to fall down my cheeks.

“Hey.” A voice said from my door, “I couldn’t help but overhear, are you alright?” Sam was standing in my doorway and then came and sat down on my bed, patting the space next to him. I put my head on his shoulder and let that threatening tear roll down my cheek.