Part 11

I woke in the morning to find Jack legs sprawled over my stomach and my arm over his chest. I raised my head and couldn’t help but laugh at how uncomfortable it looked.

“Hey sleepy.” I said, yawning.

“Coming from you?” Jack replied in a thick voice.

“I’m hungry.”

“You’re always hungry.”

“True.” Jack laughed and we sat up, just getting our bearings. It was 7 in the morning, but it would have been hard to sleep later than that considering how bright it was outside.

“Good job I’m so amazingly awesome and came prepared for hungry teenage girls.”

“You weren’t talking to me when we were packing.”

“Besides the point Rocky!” He replied smirking, and then he went to his bag and pulled out a bag of Gummy Bears.

“OMG you star! I love gummy bears” I grinned enthusiastically.

“Uh-uh, only of you say: Jack is the best and I love him more that I love Gummy Bears.” Jack smirked at me.

“Never.”

“Then you will get none.”

“Don’t be mean!!” he looked at me, smiling like an idiot, waiting for me to say it and I was so hungry I just gave in.

“Jack is the best and… and I love him more that gummy bears. Happy now?!” I said in a bored voice, but I couldn’t help smiling at how stupid he was!

“Very.” He chirped and handed me the bag.

I had just finished my first hand full of Bears when someone said my name from outside the tent. I looked at Jack who looked back at me confused. We went over to the place where the tent zips up and undid it, poking my head out.

I looked up and saw Sam standing there, his head down, hands in his pockets.

“What do you want?” I demanded.

“Can we talk… alone.” He replied looking back at Jack. I sighed but grabbed a jacket and got out of the tent.

All the chairs were still up from last night so we went and sat in them. I stared down at my hands and fiddled with my fingers. Sam grabbed my chin and lifted my head to meet his eyes.

“Lily, I’m really sorry. I was an idiot, a complete jerk. I didn’t mean what I said I swear. I was just frustrated because I wanted you to have a nice time and it didn’t look like you were. Sorry.” Sam said softly, never once taking his eyes off mine.

I don’t even know how it is he does it but I was speechless. When his eyes pierced into mine it was like I couldn’t think. I didn’t know what to say so I just nodded.

“Lil?”

I coughed and shook my head, bringing myself back to reality, “Sorry, umm it’s fine. Don’t worry about it. You were frustrated and I wasn’t exactly being a bundle of fun! It’s fine, honestly.” I said smiling.

“Thank God, I thought you wouldn’t want to talk to me, I-“

“Jack don’t be stupid, I could never not talk to you!”

“Jack? You just called me Jack.”

Had I? That’s was weird, I didn’t ever get people’s names wrong. Wow, I must be tired.

“Oh, sorry I didn’t even realize. Lack of sleep I guess. Been spending too much time with him this weekend!” I said, laughing nervously. I hoped that didn’t piss him off.