Part 36

I got out the car and took a couple of steps over the concrete before my feet reached the bumpy pebbles below me.

“This is the beach.” I began.

I looked back over at Jack who was leaning on the car, a cocky but pleased smile spread across his face.

“Jack this is THE beach. The ‘Rocky’ beach!!” I gushed, “I love this beach!!” I squealed. I ran back over to him and he laughed as I jumped on him and he wrapped his arms around me.

“Really? I’d never have guessed!” He teased. I ignored his comment and looked back to the beach.

It was quite literally empty, not a soul in sight. Well at least there wasn’t where we were parked, I guess it helped that it was 7:30 in the morning, a pebble beach, AND a school day!!

It was so romantic though, it felt like we were the only two people in the world. The sun had only just risen as well so the sky was still slightly pink which really set the mood.

I pulled back from Jack slightly, his hands still round my waist, and leant forward to kiss him. He spun me around and pushed me against the car, kissing me back eagerly.

I pulled away and smiled up at him. “Thanks.”

He grinned, “I did okay then, you know, for a first date?”

I kissed his cheek, “You did amazing.” I stated. He chuckled and pulled away from me, going towards the back of the car. “What are you doing?” I asked.

“This.” He replied, pulling a big basket out the back of seat, I couldn’t believe I hadn’t noticed it!

“A picnic?!” I all but shrieked with excitement. He laughed and nodded, coming back round to where I was at the front of the car.

He took my hand in his and started to lead my on to the beach. The pebbles were warm beneath my feet as I took off my sandals to walk bare foot.

“So where to?” Jack questioned looking around at the empty beach for somewhere to sit.

“I don’t mind, you choose.”

Jack stood still for a moment and looked around before sitting down on the floor exactly where he was. He looked up at me with an innocent smile and I couldn’t help but laugh at how adorable he looked.

“Tell me you at least brought a rug or blanket or something for us to sit on?” I teased.

He rolled his eyes at me, “What to you take me for?!” He said in a ‘duh’ voice, as he pulled out a bright green blanket and placed it on the floor around him.

“Nice colour.” I joked.

He smirked at me, “you love the green, don't lie.”

“Yeah I do...” He patted the space next to him on the floor and I sat down. I laid back on my elbows and stretched my legs out. I put my head back and closed my eyes, just listening to the sounds of the waves.

I opened my eyes and put my head back up to find Jack was staring at me. I looked back at him, confused, “what?” I asked.

He smirked at me, “nothing.” He said but he didn't look away.

“What?!” I urged, “You’re looking at me weirdly.”

“You're just ridiculously beautiful and I can't believe I waited this long to tell you how I felt.” he said casually. I looked at him shocked, but quickly rearranged my face into a shy grin when he smirked at me knowing he’d caught me off guard.