Our Little Secret

*Fluff**angst*

-ThirdPov-

"God, B!"
Veronica groaned dramatically while tossing her head back. Betty giggled, and jughead rolled his eyes while munching on a chip, savoring the crispy goodness with his tongue.

"What? What did I do this time?"
Betty asked, her eyebrows quirked up in curiosity.

"It's sickening how good-looking you are, yet still single. Betty. Sickening"
She explained. Betty scoffed with an eyeroll, mentally cursing herself for not thinking that this is what her best friend was going on about. It was what she's been going on about for the past month, trying to find Betty a boo.

Veronica found her single aura to be somewhat annoying, and she vowed to find her best friend a bae. But Betty had other things in mind.

"Veronica, for the last time, I'm fine!"
She exclaimed, grasping her friends knee to steady her racing mind.
Veronica dismissed her with a shake of her head.

"Oh please. You couldn't be more wrong. I mean, doesn't it suck to see all the couples in the hallway, kissing and such. Doesn't it suck that you're literally the only junior in this school, who hasn't lost they're virginity yet?"

Betty's face flushed red, and she heard the boy beside her begin to choke on the chips he was digesting. She elbowed him sharply to shut him up.
And the group around them furrowed their eyebrows in suspicion.

"Gee, V, say that louder won't you. I dont think the rest of the town heard you!"
Veronica through her hands up in defense, and betty couldn't help but to mentally strangle her best friend. She loved Veronica, she really did, but sometimes, she attempts to remember what life was like when they only nodded off to each other in the hallways. Simpler times.

"I'm just saying. You need a bae, and you need to catch a dick"
Veronica shrugged while taking a sip of her latte. Jughead shuddered against betty, at veronica's words, cringing at her.

"No, I dont. I'm perfectly fine with how things are now"
She justified, perking her chest up, and raising her chin higher. Jughead watched with a slight smirk, which he quickly hid with a dorito.

"Whatever. Besides, I could use a little matchmaking project. I've already matched up almost everybody in the school, the only person left. Is you, B"

Jughead scoffed. Veronica took it as her personal duty to set people up with their perfect match. As if she was gifted with sixth sense of love. As if she were born from cupid himself.
She played a role in most couples here today, she set Kevin up with Fangs. Sweet pea with Josie. Cheryl with Toni. And even the faculty and staff. Mr. Weatherbee and Ms.Bell are planning on a spring wedding, and Veronica is at the top of their guest list.

Jughead found veronica's work... compelling, yet revolting.

"I'm not interested in Anyone V"
She bit down on her tongue, trying to hide the fact that she was lying. She applauded herself, she found herself getting pretty good at lying, and sneaking around.

"Oh, please..."
She dismissed her with a wave of her hand.

"So, I've put together a list of good-looking young men around the school, who are single!"
Veronica whipped out her phone, and pulled up said list, before passing it over to betty.
Betty examined the list, with jughead doing the same over her shoulder.
He narrowed his eyes at the names on the list, internally cringing, and criticizing every guy on it.

"Without her consent?"
He said through gritted teeth, glaring at the raven-haired girl, who mocked him.

"Do you even know these guys? How do you know you aren't setting her up with the next Ted Bundy or something?"
Jughead questioned. Betty blushed at his sudden outburst, and the others all furrowed their eyebrows at them.

Archie examined the two, with one quirked eyebrow, looking at the closeness between them. He knew his two bestfriend were close, they were close since kindergarten, but he noticed something different about their closeness. Like how jugheads entire demeanor changes when she comes around, and how she blushes heavily when he ever he says something remotely sweet to her.
Archie can't help but to wonder.

"God Jug-head. Do you not know me at all? Only the Best for my B, I know what I'm doing here. So go write your creepy manifestos and butt out"
Veronica snapped. Betty placed her hand on the boys knee and gripped it in a comforting way, while giving her best friend a small glare.

"V..."
She warned. The girl threw her hands up in the air in defense, and jughead scoffed at her.

"Let's see who's on this list..."
Kevin trailed off while scanning through the names.

"Trev Brown, he's a cutie. Reggie mantle, eh, I dont think betty's into the duechy jock thing. Moose Mason, I can get behind that. Chuck Clayton, Brett Weston Walli- what? He doesn't even go here!"
Kevin exclaimed while passing the phone back.

"So? He's very good-looking, and has a lot of money, B, if you're looking for a sugar daddy..."
She felt the boy next to her shift uncomfortably under her grip, and she bit back her tongue.

"V, i- I don't know... i-"

"-come on B! I know you love the whole independent women thing, and I love it too. It's sexy, honestly. But do you really not wanna give it a shot. You might even meet your future husband!"

Betty still looked uneasy, veronica sighed heavily.

"Betty, seriously. If you keep this up, you'll probably end up like Jughead!-"

"Is that a bad thing?"
Jughead intervened. Veronica sized him up with a fake smile, and he rolled his eyes at her.

"Come on Betty! You dont even have to screw them. Just one date! With all of them, that's all I'm asking, one date"

Betty hid her face, avoiding her friends pleading eyes.

"A date a pops, and dinner will be on the house, too"

Betty bit down on her tongue, trying to avoid her friends begging eyes, she knew she couldn't resist them. And she hated to let her best friend down as well. She went to all this trouble to find her best gal a lover, betty couldn't just ignore all of it.

"...okay..."

Jughead eyes widened as he quickly sat up. Betty shot him an apologetic look.

"Are you serious?"
Jughead and Veronica asked in unison their tones made it highly easy  to depict who was more excited than the other.

Betty smiled with a soft smile.

"I guess I'm going on some dates"

Word Count- 1146 words

Sorry its short, also kinda boring. But it gets better from here.

Also sorry I've been dead, I've been kind've in a writers block thingy, but I'm back now.

Part 2?

Comments appreciated

,❤