"I choose you" pt.1

*Angst*

~BettyPov~

"I don't"
I gasped out, unexpectedly.

My brain wasn't able to catch up with my mouth, the words just falling out of my mouth unknowingly.

I felt a weight lift from my chest when I said the words, but it instantly came back when I heard everyone gasp.

"Elizabeth!"
My mother exclaimed while nudging me, not so hard that it would hurt, but hard enough so I could "fix" myself up, like she always does.

"Excuse me?"
Archie gritted his teeth, while gripping my rist hard, and glaring at me.

There was no turning back now.

"U- um Elizabeth, do you object?"
The apostle asked shakily.

My eyes bounced from my mother and fathers disapproved expression to Archie's angry expression, to the audience's surprised and confused expression.

"I- I don't"
I repeated.

They all gasped again, and bursted out in to a whispering.

"I Don't wanna marry you, Archie"
I sighed out while prying my rist from his tight grip, and taking a step back.

"Elizabeth!"
My mother exclaimed while running up next to me, my father following behind her.

"What in Christ are you doing?"
My father asked through gritted teeth.

"I can't do this"
I said softly while slowly sliding the ring off my finger, but was stopped by Archie's sharp and rough hand.

"Elizabeth, are you even thinking? Because you're about to make the worst mistake of your life, and you'll regret it"
He told me, beginning to tighten his grip again, but I quickly pulled my hand away before he could, and glared at him, starting to get pissed.

"How? How will I regret it? Are you gonna hit me Archie?"
I spat out angrily, not breaking my glare, another gasp escaped everyone else's mouths again.

He gave me a look, saying "You don't wanna do this"

"I don't wanna marry Archie, never have, and I never will"
I continued. The ring was now off my finger, and I was fiddling with it in my hand.

"What has gotten into you Elizabeth!"
My mother snapped, snatching my arm and holding a tight grip on it.

"I know what has Ms.Cooper, it's that Beanie boy she's always with, he's gotten into her, literally" he told her, I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"Beanie Boy? What? You mean Forsyth?!"
She gasped while glaring at me.
Archie nodded, and my mother's face turned a dark red.

"She's been cheating on me with him, I caught them once, she told me she stopped, until I caught them again"
He continued, my face flushed red in embarrassment as everyone else gasped again.

"You Slut!"
My father yelled at me.
I clenched my fist tightly, feeling the pain pierce through my skin.

"For God's sake, he's a southsider! And he's in a gang! You've lost your mind, and your class, you whore!"
My mother added, I felt the blood run down my fist as I continued to pierce my skin.

"I was good enough to take her back, to ask her to marry me"
Archie said, taking a step towards me.

"But you love him, don't you?"
He asked me, spite in his voice.

I looked down and clenched my eyes shut, in sorrow, because I did love him, I loved him with all my heart, with everything in me.

"Is he the reason? The reason you're doing this Elizabeth?"
My father asked me.