"We'll figure it out" pt.2

*sad stuff**bit of fluff**Vulgar language*

-Jughead-

It was about 2:00am, when someone had started to aggressively pound on my front door, waking me up.
I relunctanly dragged myself to the door, and slowly opened it.
My eyes scanned the figure, but I still couldn't focus on anything, it was all a blur do to the fact that I had just woke up. All I could get a glimpse of was striking lightening that ripped across the sky behind the persons. But then....

"Jug?"
The figure spoke, the familiarity of her voice, giving me an idea of who it was.
I sighed heavily, wondering why she was standing here at such a late hour.
But then as my vision began to focus, I began to notice a certain coldness to her presence. When my eyes had finally fixated on her image, I saw why.

My heart broke as I looked at the teary eyed girl before me.
I scanned over her distressed state. Her usual bright blonde hair, was darkened by the pooring rain, and not in it's usual high ponytail-ed placement. The little bit of makeup she had decided to wear, was smeared down her face, due to the rain, and her own tears. Her clothes were soaked, and she was shivering vigorously.

"Betts?"
I breathed out softly, I didn't necessarily know what to say, but I knew I had to say something.

"Wha- what's wrong?"
I asked, in shock, as I continuously scanned over her. Just a few hours ago, she had a vibrant smile on her face, she was giggling her sweet giggle, and sharing soft kisses with me, whilst we watched movies on a grey day, but now, now her luminescent energy was gone, and it scared me.

"Sh- she found out"
She sobbed out, with a hitched breath.
I instantly knew what she meant, and if my heart hadn't sank before, it sure would've by now.
Without thinking, I had thrown my arms around her, and pulled her into a hug. She hesitated for a second, then I felt her arms around me, as she gripped on to my back, and buried herself into me, and began to violently sobbed.

We stood there for a while, my head resting on hers, as I stared out into the open. It was grey earlier, light drizzles and some scattered showers, the type that would put you soundly to sleep.
But now, it was dark, and the rain was thunderous and brutal. A major change from the sweet sounds of earlier.

Without saying a word, I brought her inside, and placed her on the couch.
I disappeared to the back of the trailer to find a towel, then gave it to her once I found it.
She gripped it in her hand firmly, her white knuckles, now turning a bruised color. I could only imagine what her palms looked like.

"What happened?"
I asked bluntly, as I forced my way into her hands. She blinked herself out of the trance she was in, and looked up at me.
She took a deep breath, as she closed her eyes, trying to recall the past events.

"My mom went snooping through my room, while I was gone, a-and she found some stuff, stuff of yours, she also found m- my diary, and other things that we had left laying around, and she showed Polly"
She explained to me. She knew I would catch on to everything else, so she didn't continue on. Her breath was heavy and cold, as she took away her hands from mine, and folded them in her lap.

I kept my eyes on her, waiting for something, a word, a movement, a single breath if so, but nothing, absolutely nothing.
Then, as I began to formulate a sentence, I heard a sob, a small sob coming from her, until it gradually got louder, and tears started streaming down her face. My hand circulated her back in a comforting way, as I gripped her lap, trying to calm her.

"I- I'm sorry"
She sobbed out, looking at me with her glassy, red eyes, she must've been crying for hours and hours on end.

"I'm sorry for all of it! I- I'm sorry for what happened that night between us, I'm sorry for coming between you and Polly. I'm sorry for not being more careful, I'm sorry for ruining everything, I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry, I'm sorry"
She rambled on through tears. She began to shiver again.
I brought her into me, and cupped her face softly, trying to wipe away the continuous tears that spilled down her soft face.