"I don't like it"

*angst*

-JugheadPov-

"I don't like it"
I simply replied whilst turning away from her. So she wouldn't see the heat rising to my face, and the jealousy raging out of me.

"Well I didn't ask if you liked it. As a matter of fact I didn't ask for your opinion either. Actually. I didn't ask for anything, I was just simply telling you something"
She snapped back, with that smart mouth of hers. I'd give her a high-five, or a kiss, if the comeback wasn't directed towards me.

"What's wrong with it Jug?"
She asked, knowing exactly what was wrong with it, just wanting me to voice it so she could just say something even smarter, back to me.

I rolled my eyes in response.

"The whole football team betts?"
I could hear her scoff from behind me.

"Well. You're the one who mostly comments on the jocks low braincell count, so shouldn't you be happy I decided to tutor them?"
She snapped back, again. Like I predicted. This time using my word, against mine, and I most definitely hated it when she did that, because that meant she was right.
Although she might be right about... whatever. I still wasn't gonna budge.

The other day, Reggie asked betty to tutor him and the rest of the football team. He stared down at her like a piece of meat, sizing her up while licking his lips. With me standing right next to her. I knew what he wanted, but betty just stood there innocently with that cute smile, happy that she could help, she gladly accepted it.

"You don't think they actually want you to tutor them, right?"
I asked, generally concered. She was always too sweet, and too caring, which I knew would get her into some type of trouble, sometime. I just didn't expect it to be now.

She nodded her head slowly, while squinting her eyes at me, looking at me as if I were stupid.
I rolled my eyes and groaned in response.

"They said they needed help with a few classes. If they dont get there grades up, they dont play, Jug. I'm in higher classes than them, it would be wrong of me to sit and watch them fail, and not be able to play"
She justified, showing that bright and caring side of her, that I loved ever so deeply, but wished it would go away at this time.

I bit down on my lips heavily, and squeezed my eyes shut, exhaling sharply.

"What's wrong with that, Jug?"
She spoke lightly, not as smart as her other tone, but with a caring tone. Generally wanting to know.

"Betts... did you not see the way they were looking at you? Did you not see the way Reggie was looking at you? Do you not see the way the whole football team looks at you?"
I asked, my voice raising, just to let her know I was actually serious about this.
She raised an eyebrow at me. Indicating that she wanted me to elaborate.

"Like you were... a piece of meat, Betty. A prize even. They wanted the sweet innocent girl betty. They wanted you. Not for tutoring, for some other shit that would absolutely ruin you. And I know. I know you only see the... light in people, and I love that so much about you. But you can't trust so easily, you can't just give in to any and everything. You can say no."
I explained to her, as softly as I could so, it'd make it easier for her to understand. But her face just hardened into a glare, a look I rarely see from her, a look I rarely recieve from her.

"So what? I'm too sweet and innocent to understand anything?"
She raised her voice, everything else I had said completely flying over head.
I let another eye roll slip.

"You think I'm just too dumb to see stuff? Right from wrong?"
She continued, digging me deeper into my hole which I didn't want to be in.

"No! No Betts that's not what I meant"
I tried to justify, but she just scoffed in response.

"If you would've just simply said that you were... jealous, then maybe I would've understood, but no. I guess I don't, guess I'm too sweet and innocent. I guess I'm too dumb to understand anything!"
She exclaimed at me angrily.
In fact, I was jealous, but I only wanted to protect her, that's all.

"Betty, that's not what I meant, you aren't dumb. You're far from that!"
I continued, grabbing on to her hands, trying to calm her down, and soften everything up, but she kept that same glare on her face.

"So what am I... stupid? Naive?
I wanna tutor the football team, does that make me... What a slut?"
She fought back, as if that was the only thing she heard come out of my mouth. The fact that she only focused on the worst, was a large component in this... fight I guess.

"No! baby..."
I exclaimed, bringing my hands up to her face, so I could cup her cheeks.
I brought my lips to hers, and kissed the scold off her face. When I pulled away, her eyes were shut lightly, and her face had softened.

"I just don't want anything to happen to you. I know those guys, I know what they do. And I know what they want. And it's you betts. I dont want you going over there. Anything could happen. Anything could happen to you, and I wouldn't be there to help you."
I explained, as carefully as I could. To prevent another fight, but I guess I wasn't careful enough.

"Do you not trust me?"
She asked quietly, her voice hurt, and small, which made my heart clench up.

"No... no... no. That's... that's not what I said baby, of course I trust you, I just dont trust them!"
I quickly established, trying to prevent another fight.
She slowly backed away from me, making me drop my hands to my sides, and back away as well.

"You dont think I can protect myself?"
She asked, her voice raising.

"I..."
I started. But trailed off. She knew when I was lying, she could tell so easily. Like a mother, which scared me a bit. I couldn't lie. I didn't think she could protect herself, not over almost 30 jocks if least. She was just a small, innocent girl, and they were big. Horny. Disgusting jocks. If I wasn't there to protect her? Who would?

She just scoffed, snapping me out of my thoughts. She reached for her bag, and slung it onto her shoulders, then turned to me with pursed lips.

"Don't go, please. Trust me when I say that it's not what they want, it's not what they're intending, they want something else from you. Not your help"
I tried to explain. But I knew it wouldn't get to her.

She slowly backed away from me, and all I could do was look down, defeated.

"I'll be back later"
Was all she said before she left, slamming the door shut, and shaking the whole trailer.
I waited until I heard the car pull away, to let out a loud, unnecessary yell. Slamming my fist into the wall, in anger.

I knew my mind would instantly travel to the worst, knowing she'd be over there, alone. With thirsty jocks, who only want one thing from her.
I couldn't just let her go, not alone.

I had to do something.

Word count- 1284 words

I wasn't planning on doing one, but I decided last minute, that I should.

So...Part 2?