Panicking Pt.3

*Angst**Fluff**requested**tw⚠️: Mentions of self harm*

-Thirdpov-

Her heart sunk low to her stomach, when her green met his blue. Her cheeks flushed with instant embarrassment as she tried to analyze his expression, coincidentally, he felt the exact same way.

He stood stiff, afraid to come any closer, to trigger anything, if he was the cause of her first panic attack, he most definitely didn't want to be the cause of the second.
It already hurt to see her like this.

And as if she new what he was thinking, as if she realized that he was scared, scared to go near her, to touch her, to look at her, to breathe the same air as her,  she says,

"Jug, can... can you come here please?"
Her soft, hoarse voice made him ache violently, and all he wanted to do was cradle her, and protect her from everything that could possibly harm her in the slightest, including himself.

He nodded, before taking a few steps forward, into the light, enabling her to get a full view of him. His olive tone skin, his peach lips, vigorous jaw, his piercing blue, his obsidian black hair.
And the white of two simple bandaids, placed delicately on his forehead to seal the two wounds that he had gotten before.

She felt herself tense up at the sight of it, and he could tell, which startled him as he took a giant step back, dropping his head and hiding in the dark.

"N-no don't! please..."
It could've been roughly mistaken as a whine, or maybe even a beg, but he knew, and she knew, that it was neither whine, nor beg. It was a call, a call for him to know that she needed him, she needed him to hold her, and kiss her head softly, while whispering  everything's gonna be alright, into her ear. She needed him, and that was enough for him.

He didnt know how he got there so quickly, maybe he flew, but all he knew was that he was by her side in an instant, cradling her in his arms, and staring down in her big, watery, doe eyes. He waited for her to breakdown in his arms, to ring out his grey "s" tee, to clench on to his skin for protection, from herself, but she didn't do any of that. She sat silent, her body ever so tensed up against his as she layed down on his chest, her head resting on his shoulder. It worried him, how silent she was, made him anxious almost, everything felt tense, and suffocating, not the place she needed to be in right now.

So he did the best he could think of, he pulled her tighter into his embrace, and dropped a sweet lingering kiss on her forehead, just to warm her up a little. But the reaction he got, was a thicker tension, and a slight sob escape her.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry"
He held her tighter, feeling guilty for her apologies, even though she didnt do anything wrong.

"Betts... it's not your fault. Dont say sorry for something that wasn't your fault, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry that this happened to you"
She didnt reply after, she just cuddled into him for more of his warmth, and he shivered at how cold she felt against him. If only he could engulf her in to his warmth, maybe it'd all be okay.

It was silent for a while, jughead not wanting to press the subject, until she was more mentally stable, judging by the way she was trembling slightly in his arms, and her breathing patterns were so incoherent, as if every couple of seconds she'd forget how to breathe, then seconds later air would come back to her, and she would mini hyperventilate.

Still, he kept his lips on her forehead, and his arms around her, feeling the tension in her wither away every few minutes.

"It was like everything was going under in flames"
He hummed a what?, while looking down at her, surprised when she had decided to talk.