"We're all Broken somehow" pt.2

*Sad stuff* *1x13*

-JugheadPov-

The Ice cracked under her, she pushed Cheryl out the way, saving her, but not herself. She fell in, leaving the echo of her scream, and all of our screams.

I was the first one on the ice, shouting her name, not caring that the ice could cave in any moment now.

I Dived down to the crack she fell in. I stuck my hand in the water, trying to feel for her. All I could feel was the waters strong current.

"The current! Spread out!" I demanded while pushing the snow out of the way, I looked through the ice, looking for some sign of her.

They called her name, Cheryl crying, veronica sobbing, and Archie, freaking out as always.

At this point, I didn't have any patience. I quickly went back to the crack betty fell through, I threw off my jacket, but before I could go in, Archie pulled me back.

"Jughead! No!" He exclaimed.

"I have too!" I yelled.

"Both of you won't come up, the current took her, it'll take you too" he informed, as if I didn't know, but i do know, and i dont care.

I shook him off, before getting ready to dive in.

"I found her!!! She's over here!" Cheryl yelled, digging up snow.
She reached for the ax, getting ready to hit it.

"Cheryl no! We'll all go under!!" Veronica yelled while diving down next to her.

In a flash, I was already there, hitting the ice with my fist, a little blood splattered all over the place, but I didn't care.

Veronica took off one of her high heels, and started banging on the ice, piercing holes in it. I hit it once more, and then the ice caved in, big enough for me to pull betty out.

I stuck my arms in the ice water and felt around for her, I felt a limb, a arm, assuming it was betty's, I quickly pulled it up, and there she was. I layed her down on the snow, and felt around her cold skin.

Her skin was a pale blue, her lips were a dark purple, and she was unconscious.

"Betty! Hey! Betty! Come on! Wake up!" I told her, trying to sound as calm as possible, but my fear was seeping through the cracks.

"Help her! Save her!" Veronica yelled.

"I'm trying! Shut up!" I yelled  back at her, which didn't shut her up one bit.

Cheryl felt for her pulse, muttering the words "It's all my fault", over and over again.

I Pressed my palms against Betty's chest, I pumped on her chest, "come on betts, wake up" I whimpered, tears shooting down my face.

I clenched her nose tight, and blowed in her mouth, but nothing came up.

I continued a few more times, slowly losing hope.

I clenched her nose one last time, my face now stained with everlasting tears, and blowed as hard as I could, giving her all of the air I could give, I felt the blood rushing to my face.

I pulled away one last time, and I could see her fingers twitch. She was gaining consciousness.

"Yah, that's it betty, come on, wake up" I cried while pressing against her chest.

I looked up at her face, her eyes were flickering around her closed sockets.

I connected my lips to her, blowing in all my air, every last bit of it, I felt light headed, but I kept going, until her eyes shot open, and she choked up water. A lot of it.

"Betty!!!" We all exclaimed

She turned to the side, throwing up water, and what I believe was pops. I rubbed her back, looking at her skin that was gaining a little bit of color.

When she was finished, we jumped on top of her, giving her tight hugs, giving her our warmth.

"Betty, we were so scared!" Veronica exclaimed through her tears.

"I'm so sorry Betty, this was all my fault" Cheryl cried, burying her face in her palms.

Betty tried to speak, but her voice was nearly gone, so she just pulled Cheryl into a hug, and let her sob. We all joined in.

"We should get going before the ice takes us all under" Archie spoke up after a few minutes.

I lifted betty up, bridal style, and carried her to the shore, she was shivering, and her eyes were not their usually vibrant color, they were a silver color now, but I could still see a bluish- green color trying to peep in.

She nuzzled into my neck, searching for my warmth, her breath against mine tickled.

I sat her in my car. Then walked  over to Archie. Veronica and Cheryl were hugging, Cheryl sobbed into her shoulder.

Archie sighed. "Do you think she will be okay?" He asked me.

"Just a little frostbite, but other than that, I'll think she will fine" I answered, turning my attention to my car, I saw her blonde hair leaning up against the window.

Archie patted my shoulder. "I'll swing by later, check up on you two" he told me while walking over to veronica and Cheryl, who were still attached.

I walked back to my car, betty was asleep. I stared at her for a little while, looking at her lips that were gaining that peachy pink color, looking at her breathing patterns. I moved her hair out of her face so I could see her fully, alive and breathing.

-BettyPov-

I woke up, warm. I was in jugheads room, his bed, his shirt. I looked around for him, and found him sitting at the end of the bed, his face in his hands.

"H- hey" I choked out, my voice was broken, I could barely speak, but he heard it, he looked back at me, and gave me a small smile.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked me, I shrugged, sparing him the details, it's not like I could speak anyway.

He turned away from me, hoping I wouldn't notice his frown, but I did, I knew there was something wrong.

I sat up and crawled over to him, tapping his shoulder. He looked up, but didn't look back at me. He took a deep breath.

"Why didn't you tell me what you were going through?" He asked me. I was confused.

"I could have helped you, you didn't have to do that to yourself" he continued. I soon realized what he was talking about, my cuts.

I looked at my arms, that had the scars on them, I brushed my fingers against them.

He turned to me, his eyes were like glass holding back water, and at any moment, the glass would break.

"When you showed me your arms, I ached, did I do this? Am I the reason?" He asked me. I quickly cupped his face, the glass shattering, and his tears falling.

I shook my head, trying to speak, but my voice wouldn't let me.

"No, I-it could never be you" I forced out, getting up on my knees, I stared down at him, my thumbs caressed his cheek.

"It's been a lot juggie, with Polly and my mom, then Jason blossoms murder, and then school and everything else, sometimes I can take it, sometimes I can't, and I do this to myself" I explained, looking away from him.

He held my waist.

"Betts, come to me please, whenever this happens, or whenever your thinking about doing it, come to me, please" he told me, I looked down at him, and nodded. He took my hands and kiss them.

I sat back down and snuggled into him, letting his warmth heat me up. In his arms, I feel like I don't have to carry this stuff on my shoulders, in his arms, I can finally rest.