Panicking pt.1

*angst**fluff**requested**au of s4*
*a bit of barchie**no hate, don't attack*

-ThirdPov-

"Jug should be here any minute now, then we'll start our study party"

Veronica nodded with a smile, as she twirled around and skipped towards the kitchen to grab the snacks she prepared, per Betty's request, and to Jughead and Archie's liking.

After the year the group has had, it was convinced that only the two girls were to graduate, but B&V weren't gonna have that, they were going to make sure Jughead and Archie would walk across the stage, cap and gown and everything, and receive their diplomas, even if that meant nonstop studying and almost sleepless nights.

It meant every single day of the weekend, the girls would help their boyfriends study, and on fridays, host a group study session for them.
Today was friday, and that was what was on the agenda.

"Hey V? Where's Archie? I'd expect him to be in his own house by now?

She looked around for the redhead, and then shrugged when she heard her friend say, "he went to grab some milkshakes I think".

Betty layed out the books, and flashcards, and writing utensils neatly on the coffee table, nodding her head when it was arranged to her liking.

Then there was a knock at the door.

"Betty, can you get that?"

She skipped to the door, her smile growing when she saw the familiar gray beanie peaking from the top of the wondow above the door.
As soon as she opened the door, his familiar lips met hers, making her melt effortlessly.

"You ready to study?"

"I have no choice"

She chuckled while taking his hand into hers, and leading him into the living room.

"Jug's here!"

He crashed on to the couch, and propped his feet on to the books that betty had neatly arranged, she shook it off, not finding a reason to stop him.

"Good! Tell him to come in here, and get these damn bowls off this high shelf!"

He scoffed at her whining, and rolled his eyes when betty gave him a pleading look, even though he did give in, and later disappeared into the kitchen.

Betty sat quietly, waiting patiently for her friends to join her.
The silence guided her mind, to one of her more recent thoughts that she had been chewing on for a while.
A sinking feeling.
She had recently been feeling not herself for a while, like she was on edge about something she couldn't quite put her finger on, but it made her uneasy, and anxious, and restless.
She was paranoid, but she didn't know why.

And then, a loud crash came flooding in, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Oh, My God!"

She snapped her head towards veronica's voice.

"Are you alright?"

That's when she quickly stood up, and made her way to the scene as fast as she could. And she felt her heart sink as she looked at him.

She couldn't move, and she was sure she stopped breathing, as random images flashed through her head, specific images.

Jughead's almost lifeless body, sprawled out against the floor, with blood gliding down his forehead.
His bottom lip hung open, and his eye lids were slammed closed.
He wasn't breathing, or moving.