Sick pt.2

*requested* *fluff*

-Jugheadpov-

"Oh juggie, you sound awful!"

I just chuckled lightly.

"Gee thanks betts"

My voice was rough, my throat throbbing as I spoke. I held in a cough, which made everything worst.

I woke up terribly sick today. My head was pounding, my throat and stomach ached, my nose was stuffed, and I could barely open my eyes. Not to mention my temperature, which was over 100° degrees.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come over? I don't have to go into school today" she told me.

"No betty, you have to go in, I'll be fine by myself" I told her, once again.

She just sighed.

"Alright fine, but I'll be over during dismissal, but in the meantime, take a warm shower, eat some soup, and keep yourself warm, okay?" she informed me.

"Okay" I sighed tiredly, rubbing my forehead.

"I'll see you later, I love you"

"Love you too" I yawned while rubbing my swollen eye.

After we hung up, I walked slumply back to my room, stopping to turn down the air conditioning, it was extremely hot.

I threw off my shirt and pants, and hopped in my bed, thinking I could sleep off the fever.

I woke up to sound of the front door opening, my father was off on serpent business, and he's the only other person who lives here.

I sat up slowly, not having enough energy to stand up. I ran my hands through my hair and sighed.

Before I could get up, someone walked in.

"Betty?!?!?!"

"Jug!!!! It's freezing in here!!!" She exclaimed, walking over to me.

I looked over at the clock, seeing that it was only 10 am.

"Betty, what are you doing here?" I asked, confused.

"I brought you pops!" She chimed while holding up a bag.

"Why aren't you at school?" I asked her.

"Because I wanted to help you" she replied while pulling a Styrofoam cup out the pops bag, probably full of soup.

"Betts, I told you I'll be fine" I told her while rubbing my eyes.

"Jughead, it's below 60° in here, you're have naked, and obviously you aren't gonna take care of yourself either, so I have no choice but to help" she explained, picking up my clothes from off the floor.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes while laying back down on the bed. I heard a bit of shuffling, then the bath beginning to run.

I sat up relunctanly knowing she ran the bath for me. I pulled of my underwear, and walked into the bathroom. Betty sat and poured bubble bath into the water, letting her hand swim into the hot water.

I slipped into the bathtub, sinking into the high-rising bubbles, the warm water making me feel even more sleepy, my eyes slowly began to get heavy, and I sunk lower. Until I felt warm water fall on to my head, I quickly shot up in shock.

I heard betty chuckle lightly while she poured bath salts into the water.

"I'll be back" she muttered while getting up and walking out the bathroom.

The silence and the movement of the water being so calm, it put me to sleep.

I eventually woke up to the feeling of water on my arms, the water was cold, actually all of the water was cold.

I sat up quickly, meeting betty's face, our noses almost touching, she gave me a small smile before bringing a rag to my face and running it across my forehead.

"Come on juggie, your fingers are beginning to prune up" she told me softly. She pulled the drain plug and the water began to lower.

I got up slowly, letting out a loud yawn while stepping out. She wrapped a warm towel around me, I figured she must of put it in the dryer before giving it to me.

She handed me my clothes, and I quickly threw them on, walking slumply to my bed, and plopping down in it.

"Why is it so hot in here?" I panted, removing all the blankets from bed and putting them on the floor.

Betty picked the blankets up and place them on the bed.

"Because you have to sweat the fever out" she replied while placing the blankets on the bed.

"Now get in bed" she commanded, I did as she said, laying on my back. She brought the covers up to my chest. Then reached for a bowl, filled with soup probably.

"Here" she quietly said.

I sat up and began to eat the soup slowly, she disappeared down the hallway.

I finished with my soup, and layed back down, throwing the blanket off of me again, it was just getting hotter and hotter in the room.

"Juggie!!!" I heard her squeak, I quickly shot up.

"What? What's wrong? What's going on?" I asked drowsly.

She rushed up to me and pushed me back down, pulling the covers back over me. "Betty it's too hot!!!" I complained.

"I know, but you have to sweat out the fever somehow jug" she replied, tucking me in.

"You're supposed to be at school" I sighed.

"I know" she replied.

"Why aren't you at school?" I asked.

"Because you're sick" she simply replied.

"Why are you caring for me instead of going to school?" I asked her.

She got up and walked to my drawer, pulling out one of my shirts.

"Because....." She trailed off while pulling off her clothes. She walked over to me while pulling the shirt over her. She it wore as if it were a dress.

She climbed into my bed, getting under the covers and wrapping her arms around  me, she nuzzled herself into my neck, and her began breath warming it.

"I love you, and your health is important" she told me.

"And also, I didn't feel like taking that math test today, so this was the perfect exuse to skip it" she added, looking up at me with a teasing smile.

I scoffed while looking away, hiding my small smile.

She turned my face towards hers, and pressed her lips into mine, then slowly pulled away. She layed her head back down on my chest and sighed sleepily.

"Thanks for taking care of my Betts"

"Anytime".

Word count - 1049 words