"My hero"

*Fluff*

-jugheadpov-

It had been a very long day at work today. I had to write two new stories today, with no assistant, because Archie was out of town with his new wife, josie, to Hawaii for their honeymoon. I just wanted to go home, and be held by betty, while eating a nice burger from pops.

When I got home, I saw Grayson sitting on the couch watching cartoons and eating a sandwich.

"Hey dad!" He exclaimed, turning his attention away from the t.v. to look at me.

"Hey gray, how was your day?" I asked him while setting my stuff down on the floor and plopping down on the couch.

"The usual, but I did get a B+ on that math test today" he told me.

"Good job gray, I'm so proud of you!" I exclaimed while roughing his hair up.

"We should celebrate, let's go to pops" I told him while getting up.

"Yay!" He exclaimed.

I looked around, noticing that betty was no where to be found.

"Uh gray, where is your mother?" I asked him, still looking around.

"She is in her room, she hasn't came out since I got here" he told me.

That's odd, she is usually the first person I see when I walk in the door.

I left gray in the living room and walked to our room. I knocked lightly. "Betts? You in there?" I asked.

"Yes, come in please" her sweet voice said, it kinda sounded like she was scared.

I walked in, to see betty sitting in the middle of our bed, she had pillows surrounding her, and a blanket on top of her. I couldn't help but to let out a loud chuckle.

"Babe? What are you doing?" I laughed while walking towards.

"I saw a spider" she replied while grabbing a pillow and holding it to her chest, I laughed even harder.

"Betts? Seriously?" I asked while crawling in bed with her, I pried the pillows from her arms.

"Yes I'm serious" she told me. She put the covers around me and leaned in closer.

"It's just a spider Betts" I told her.

"It's a demon, not a spider" she corrected me, which made me laugh harder.

"It's not funny jug" she told me while slapping my arm. It took me a minute to calm down, betty didn't think it was funny, but I found it hilarious.

"Do you want me to carry you out?" I asked her. She nodded while wrapping her hands around my neck, I picked her up, bridal style, and carried her out. I placed her down on the couch next to Grayson.

"What's going on?" Gray asked.

"Your father is being my hero" betty replied. I just chuckled.

I went into the kitchen and grabbed a dust pan and a broom. Then walked back out to betty and Grayson.

"Where was the last place you saw it?" I asked betty.

"Saw what?" Gray asked.

"A six legged demon" betty replied, which made me laugh and Grayson jump up onto the couch.

"Where?" He asked while looking around, he was as scared as his mother.

"Calm down, it's in the room, now where was the last place you saw it?" I asked once again.