(Chap. 18) Plans

Previously:

Sanem's POV

I dragged a chair next to the bed and sat by him, tracing carefully his hand and beard. "I'm sorry Can, I'm so sorry." I let a tear drop and landed on the bed. I brought his hand up and kissed it, closing my eyes. "I love you so much, I am so sorry for this."

"Don't be sorry kanim," I opened my eyes and I looked at him.

"Can!" I smiled, wiped my tears, cupped his face and kissed him. "Oh, baby! I'm so happy you're awake, I'm so happy I can see your beautiful brown eyes." I said every word in between kisses.

"And I'm happy you are here with me." I smiled at him and he smiled back. Then he moved to his left and tapped his right side of the bed. I laughed and then I sat on the bed laying on his chest. "I love you Can Divit."

"I love you too Sanem Aydin."

..............

CAN'S POV

I can't believe she's here with me, I thought as I am looking at her while she is sound asleep on my chest, with her hand across my stomach and I have my right hand on her waist hugging her and making sure our bodies would not separate. Allah, I feel blessed, I feel blessed she's here with me, and I hope I get the opportunity I have been waiting for, the opportunity to talk to her. But I'm afraid, more than afraid I'm horrified, I'm horrified that when she wakes up, she realizes that she is here with me, and leaves.

"I see she's comfortable." I heard someone whisper getting me out of my thoughts. I looked up and saw a nurse with a soft smile, standing in front of us. I was so into looking at Sanem that I didn't even notice the nurse had walked in. A gave her a soft smirked, "Thought, you are in pain." I looked at Sanem and saw my angel was still sound asleep in my arms. Even though I know the nurse is right, I don't want to wake her up. "Just so you know, she hasn't left your side." She whispered again, and I looked at her and gave her a smile.

"So, what are we going to do about your pain?" She softly asked.

"I don't want to wake her up,"

"But we have to."

"I don't want to," I plead with my voice, "I have been waiting for this moment for months, and I'm afraid."

"Don't worry, I'm sure she will not leave." She gave me a soft smile, and I just kept looking at me. "I know you are in a lot of pain. One looked at you," She lifted her hand and pointed to my left shoulder, "You are putting pressure on your shoulder because you're leaning on it, and that affects your arm." I just kept looking at her, "But not only is it because of the position you are in, look," and she pointed at the monitor, "Do you see these numbers?" I nodded, "This is your blood pressure, and it's very high." I just kept looking at her, "That means you're in pain, and I know this because I have seen your blood pressure when you're not in pain. So, like I said we need to move her."

"Can you just give me medication?"

"No, I can't just give you medication, I need you to take that pressure off your shoulder." I just looked at her pleading with my eyes. "Son, don't worry, trust me she will not leave, she will stay by your side. Trust me, and I am sure your heart, in which I am sure is telling you the same thing."

"What's her name?" she asked, walking around the bed and reaching Sanem's side.

"Sanem." I whispered in defeat. She smiled and softly started to shake Sanem's shoulder calling out her name. After a few calls Sanem opened her eyes, and looked up at me and I gave her a loving smile.