(Chap. 5) Guilt

Previously:

Back to 9:30 am

"I promise I will be back, I promise I will be here, and I promise I will not leave, but I can't stay here. I love you!" He gave her a small peck on her lips and started to walked towards the door. Coming to a halt when the door open, seeing Emre, Leila, Mevkibe, and Nihat in front of him.

"Can? What are you doing here?!" Nihat asked furiously.

*************

"Nihat Bey, Mevkibe Hanim, Leila, Abi. How are you guys?" Can had his face down and hands in front of him.

"What are you doing? How did you find out about Sanem." Nihat asked firmly.

Emre came around everyone and hugged Can. "Hi, abi is so nice to see you."

Can hugged him back, "Is nice to see you too!"

"Why didn't you call me? I've been trying to reach you?"

"Abi, not now. I'm very upset to see her like that."

"You should be!" Mevhibe barked "She's like that because of you! You hurt her! You left her! You broke every promise you made her."

"Mevike Hanim, they are so many things. But now I'm just so..." He let a tear fall.

"Don't you dare cry in front of me!" Nihat yelled, "Mevkibe is right! We trusted you! We gave you our daughter and this is how you pay us. I don't care what happen between the two of you, nor I care to know. All I see is her." He pointed at Sanem. "Look at her!" He yelled, Can kept looking at the floor. "LOOK AT HER, CAN!" Can turned around and saw her. "That's not the Sanem that I know, that's not my daughter. She's like that because of you! So GET OUT!" He yelled and gesture at the door.

"Come on Abi, Let's go. I'll take you home."

"Home?" Leila asked "Your going to take Can..."

"Emre, no. It's ok. I'll go to my hut. I haven't sold it. So I'll just go there." Can cut Leila.

"Ok, I'll go with you."

"Emre!" Leyla said

"Leila, I love you. But you need to understand his my abi, I did a lot to him and I change thanks to you." Mevkibe and Nihat looked at each other questioned. "I love you, but like how you have been there for Sanem, every time she has needed you, I'm going to be there for my abi. I need to talk to him, I understand and I'm sure Can understands you don't want him near Sanem. But we are brothers and that is something that neither of you can put a halt on."

"Your right!" Leila smiled.

Can and Emre were going to leave when they heard "Wait!" Nihat said. "How do you know about Sanem?" Nihat asked Can looking at Emre.

"I got here last night and I went to the office early in the morning; and since CeyCey is usually the first one to arrive, he told me everything. So I'm guessing you know yiğit is still on a wheelchair." Nihat asked seriously

"Yes... sir I do." He said every word with regret.

"I hope your happy boy!" Can had enough and Emre noticed Can's face change.

"Let's go abi, Let's go. Not now! Let's go and get your truck and then will go to your hut." Can looked at Emre and nodded agreeing with him. It wasn't the time to talk, they weren't going to listen.

"One more thing!" Mevkibe said "Neither Nihat, Leila, nor myself want to see you here. Do you understand!"

Can nodded, "I will respect your wishes, but as soon as she comes out, I will talk to her. They are a lot of things we need to come to terms. Wether you like it or not, they are a lot of things that Same and I didn't had a chance to talk about."