(Chap. 7) Exposure

Previously:

He grabbed the çay, brought it to his nose, "Allah, I miss that smell," he looked at the picture, "but I miss you more. Soon baby, soon." He brought to his mouth, ready to take a sip, when he heard a woman say, "So, your actually staying!" Her voice was firm mix with hate.

**********

"Leila!" He quickly put the çay back on the stool and as he turned around he carefully put her picture in his back pocket.

"So, answer the question!" She firmly spoke.

"Yes, I am."

"You should leave!"

"I'm not, whether you like it or not I'm not!"

"I hope you are staying for the reasons you your saying."

"Leila ... I..."

"Look Can, you hurt my sister! I don't want you near her, so I think you should leave." She demanded.

"I'm done! I'm done of people blaming me! I'm done with everyone accusing me! Has it ever come across your mind to why I left? Did it ever occur to you know the season behind my disapearence?"

"Why should I, the only thing that came and still comes to mind is that your a coward!" She yelled.

"Maybe, but my cowardness was because your sister accused me of something I didn't do, was because your sister hated me, was because your sister was afraid of me!" He spoke loud. "But that doesn't matter to you, it doesn't matter what I feel! It doesn't matter what goes through my mind. All you care is about your sister, when you guys weren't even getting along, when you even betrayed her for my brother. Then you realize your mistake and started to protect her, and be the sister you were supposed to be. That's great, amazing, good for you! But, don't come to me and tell me what to do, when you have no idea how things happen." He took a deep breath, "I have a question for you, do you understand the definition of the word broken, right?

"Yes, Can of course I do."

"Well, that's what she did to me," he pointed at himself with his İndex finger. "She broke ME, she looked at me with fear, with hate, with disbelieve. She didn't believe a signal word of everything I told her, I lost count of how many times she betraid me, even though I forgave her."

"Yeah Can but she did it to protect you, and you mistreated her bad too, it wasn't just her fault."

"I know and I hate myself for all of that, but the only time that I really needed her to hold my hand, and to never let it go" he wiped the one tear his eyes drop with him being able to control it. "She didn't even grabbed it." He wiped his tears from his cheeks. I understand she was scared, but what I saw in her eyes broke me, destroyed me, shattered my heart into pieces." He kept wipping his tears off.

Leila couldn't say anything, did knew what to say. They stayed quiet looking at each other for a few minutes, "I hate to admit it, but you do really love her." She spoke calmly, "I can see it, in your eyes."

"Yes, Leila I do; and everything she's going through breaks me, destroies me, it kills me. But you guys will never understand, all you care is about Sanem. I understand she's your family, your sister, but you should also get both sides of a story and then judge."

"I'm not saying I don't have no part here, all I'm saying is that cowardness wasn't because I didn't wanted to fight with her, my cowardness was because she didn't wanted to fight with me, nor along with me."

"Leyla, I didn't get the education that you nor Sanem got about family, my only family is my baba and abi. But I do have life education, and trust me when I tell you that Sanem has been the only woman I have ever trusted, but she never trusted me." He wiped his tears.